PDA

View Full Version : about texturing and bump maps...

8bit_Mind
01-14-2008, 02:22 AM
hy guys, i'm having a problem in making good bump map for my model on zbrush 3, i can't configure a good normal map on zmapper that works good on max 9.

i also want to know how u guys make your skin textures... i can't do a decent skin color and paint eyebrows, facial hair and lips...

i'm using the color spray on zbrush 3 and photoshop, and i can't make it look good...

thanks for the help

PredatorGSR
01-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Well I don't use zbrush, mainly mudbox and photoshop. For skin textures I use texture reference from several characters on 3d.sk that are close to what I envision the character looking like. I piece together the skin from the high res photos, then paint color tone and value on top and blend it in to add more depth to the texture. Check my Mishkin and Mayday characters (http://www.konradbeerbaum.com) for an example of the results. I'm by no means an expert on skin texturing, but I think they turned out fairly well.

8bit_Mind
01-14-2008, 08:48 AM
thanks dude, i will try this method to see if i can make a good texture... maybe i can cut the parts i need from the photo and past im my color texture...

GArriola83
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
i use the spray brush with an alpha i made in photoshop that resembles pores and it works really well. you can also use the DragRect brush and an alpha of long leathery wrinkles and drag those out for crows feet or finer wrinkles. if you upgrade to zbrush 3.1, it has an alphaa library you can use. but thats all in the later stages of sculpting in zbrush.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.