PDA

View Full Version : High Poly Sculpt Anatomy Critique Wanted

joesolo
01-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Hell EverybodY. This is my first post of work in these forums. It has taken awhile to come to terms with the fact I really like doing 3D haha. I wanted to be a 2D guy, But I fell in love with Zbrush and Mudbox, and just modeling characters and creatures in general! Anyhoo, there is a sculpt I have started in z-brush, based off a friends concept. He is shirtless, so the anatomy needs to be spot on, cause it is all going to show in the normal map. And I don't want to have bad anatomy. Any crits, paintovers or anything are greatly appriciated and wanted. I have been usings ref, from pics in mags, to Anatomy books, and there are some things i am trying to exagerate a bit. But is anything is looking too far off the mark or just plain wrong I really would like to know. Thank you everyone!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d138/vances22/FB_010.jpg

Gaboon
01-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Looks great. Can't really see anything I'd critique. Nit-picking, I'd say his neck loos a bit thick in the back from the 3/4 view. Other than that, lookin' sweet I'd say. Good job.

benclark
01-13-2008, 12:43 PM
you'll probably get a lot more crits if you post the whole model, even if some of it is still at a base mesh stage. Its a lot easier to crit anatomy when you can see the whole figure as it lets you judge the proportions in relation to each other

its looking nice though, the only thing I can see is the lower part of his trapezius is huge compared to the upper part, also I think yuo coud tone down the abs slightly and break up the symmetry in the ab muscles too. Very few people have symmetical abs and the difference would only be highlighted if they were a super muscley dude like this guy

oh and the palm looks a little bit short in relation to his fingers

nice stuff though, I like the bionic arm

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2008, 12:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.