PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-Realistic Creature Anatomy...

Grgeon
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Does anyone have these dvds (part I and II) ?

http://www.creationengine.com/html/p.lasso?p=15138

Just want to see if can get a quick review on them? Are they general overviews of the process? or more thorough like Jason Schleifer's Animator Friendly Rigging series?

Thanks,
George

NPuetz
01-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I have the second one, and as far as i know most DVD's in this series are just broad kind of overviews of techniques/tips/tricks kind of thing. They include PDF's though that go into much further detail explanation but by no means are they a step by step "holding your hand along the way" kind of DVD's. Yet, they are packed with GREAT information and i do indeed reccommend them.

twidup
01-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I work with Rudy, one of the authors of this DVD. Him and Erick Miller both really know their stuff and if this DVD covers half of what they presented in Boston at their MasterClass that this DVD is based off of, its well worth the money

-todd

schobes
01-19-2008, 01:06 AM
I was at this masterclass in Boston and although the amount of time they had to cover a lot of information was short, I still found it very useful. I also have the DVDs.

The first DVD (part 1) covers modeling and setup for 'anatomical transofrmations' (morphing a human into a beast).

The second DVD covers some more technical information like advanced shoulder/clavicle setup, forearm twist, and skin/flesh simulations (with syflex), etc.

I'm a huge fan of the hyper-real series and have relied on these DVDs for the foundation of my rigging knowledge. I also met Rudy and Eric at Siggraph this past Summer (San Diego)... and unfortunately I probably was a bit too 'fan boy' when I first met them.... but hey.. I've learned my lesson since then ;)

Grgeon
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Cool, thanks for the info everyone.

I also noticed there's a new Hyper-Realistic Creature Creation book coming out in April and has about 140 more pages than the first edition, so maybe it goes more indepth than the original?

Hyper-Realistic Creature Creation 2nd Edition (http://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Realistic-Creature-Creation-Autodesk-Press/dp/1897177488/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201126994&sr=8-3)

It doesn't mention the authors, but i'm assuming Erick Miller is one and hopefully Rudy Grossman will contribute as well.

Anyone know why autodesk pulled these dvd's from their online store? I can only find them on 3rd party sites like the one i posted.

Todd, your class looks great. I'm bummed i couldn't take it, though a few ppl from work got in. Hopefully i can make time the next time around. Where are you and Rudy working these days?

Schobes, gotta leave that fan-boyism stuff behind, Lord knows i need to work on that ;) hehe.

Thanks again,
George

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.