PDA

View Full Version : NEW HERE..got art.

BradM
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. My name is Brad Marques, and i am a Lead Artist ( Art Director in Training) at a Video Game company in austin texas called Inevitable Ent. (PS2, XBOX, Gamecube...)

Anyhow, just wanted to say i have been lurking around for a while and decided that i should join up. There is so much talent on this forum it is unbelieveable, and so i figure i would try and make as many friends as possible here! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to post up my 3d stuff on here and get everyones opinions.

As for now i will leave you with a drawing from a comic book i created called " Warriors Legend" (copyright 2003 Brad Marques)

I am currently creating a 3d animated version of the first issue.

Later all!!!

Take Care

http://www.bradmarques.com/images/artwork/2dArt/WarriorPage2.jpg

Dark-Angel
04-25-2003, 05:21 PM
:drool: :eek: , how many persons im gonna need to hit with a stick! :wip: , you make me all jelouse :D you got a job i wish i had :thumbsup: working hard on getting better in art but its slow slow slowly getting better. but to slow :cry:

BradM
04-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Dark Angel,

NETWORKING is one of the most important things any industry. Especially the game industry. Now you got at least one person that is willing to help out if you get your portfolio ready!

I know how you feel, when i was in art school 6 years ago i felt the same way. now i have been in games for 6 years and always try to help out artist i know that are capable of doing the work.

Keep your head up, and crank out that portfolio!

Take Care!!

(by the way....shameless plug....we are doing THE HOBBIT, and will be wrapping that game up soon for the Gamecube. Keep your eyes peeled for it!)

BradM
04-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Here is another, but i made it an add for a friends Japanese Import and Anime shop.

http://www.bradmarques.com/images/artwork/2dArt/Flyer.jpg

MikkoK
04-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Nice stuff man!

I visited your site but only the Home and 2D art sections seemed to work. Is it under construction?

BradM
04-25-2003, 09:20 PM
yeah its still under construction. Hopefully i will have it all up soon...thanks for the positive comments!! later Bro

Dark-Angel
04-26-2003, 03:20 AM
thanks man!

linzi
04-26-2003, 05:23 AM
Really nice pencils you got going there the only thing I see that looks a little off is the way the guy's wrist looks when he's crouching at the bottom of the first page. Nice work - makes me want to try out comic illustration but I'd have to bud up with a writer or seriously work on my writing skills.

BradM
04-26-2003, 06:32 AM
thanks for the kind words.. yeah i need to up some of my most recent stuff as soon as i get it all scanned in.

Thanks again.

baaah888
04-28-2003, 02:44 AM
very nice illustration, :thumbsup: im gonna have to do some more illustration when the summer starts, recently i feel like all im doing is 3d work and course work.

off the subject however,
i was just wandering what degree you did? (if you did a degree)

and how long did it take to get an industry after school/uni?

what would you look for on a cv/portfolio of any graduate looking to get into the games industry? (i ask this cause we usually wont have any games relevant work experience)

and how highly do you rate work placement students?

The reasons i ask is cause im currently doing a computer games design degree in England, (3dmodeling (max), photoshop, animation, drawing, narative structure ect) and im currently looking for a year in industry as part of my course. And so far my experiences from the games companies in England ive aproached seem very unwilling to take on students or even consider looking at students. Even though it would be cheap labour and in most cases you'd get a hard working eager to impress employee who will put the hours in, and after they graduate they would be inclined to return to the company they already have experience with.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.