PDA

View Full Version : Locking particle position to animated surface?

polYgonZ
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm using Box#3 and the surface spread preset, the effect I'm going for is to have particles spread on an animated surface. The preset is a sample for static objects, the particles stick to the surface at the time of creation but don't stick to the the animated surface from there on. Ideally I'd like to have particle position and orientation lock to the animated surface.

Any help is much appreciated. I should note that I am a total noob when it comes to editing the data flow and dealing with sub-operators. Thanks in advance.

I can post a screen shot of the SurfaceSpreadPreset data flow, but basically I haven't made any edits to the preset yet, I'm still digging through trying to figure this out.

supremepizza
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Have you tried the lock/bond operator? Can't remember if that's box 1 or 3.

pixel9
01-18-2008, 10:27 AM
It's Box#1 ;)

rotanadan
01-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I recently had a bunch of particles attach to a chunk of dirt that them broke up and floated away, with the particles staying attached to the pieces, lock/bond worked awesome for that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2008, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.