PDA

View Full Version : cacheOps problem

JHN
01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm having a problem with the cacheOps struct.
I have some spinners that sets the values of the pointcache in out and sample data.
I also have a button to cache out all objects with the new settings (on the same rollout).

Now when I use the cacheOps.recordCache it restores the values I had beforing starting the tool. So now I'm guessing... does cacheOps cache the pointcache settings in the scene on initializing or something. It's very weird. I see settings are good on the pointcaches but when I hit the record button it restores the old values from before the tool (dialog) started... When I hit the record button on the modifier itself.. it does keep the new setings... So the problem is in the for loop calling the cacheOps function.

I can't really post the code as I would need to post the whole tool, and it's hard to extract only the "bad code" as it's a rollout dialog and a lot of custom functions...
when i make a simple for loop with cacheOps the problem doesn't exist...

Baffled...
-Johan

PEN
01-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Johan, is it possible for you to repo the problem in a smaller script that you could post. I have a very robust point cashe tool and I don't remember haveing that problem.

JHN
01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi Paul,

I think it's related to the rollout/dialog, cause when I take it out of that scope it does work :sad:

I've send you a pm with a download location, hope you'll want to take a look at it... I've added some comments on the problem area...

Thanks,
-Johan

JHN
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok, the problem seems fixed now... it had something to do with the spinners... I rewrote some stuff, and it now works... problem is I don't know exactly what the problem was, only it had something to do with the spinners... wierd weird.. maybe you found an explanation?

-Johan

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.