PDA

View Full Version : Select a locator an add a CV curve POINT

2xbo
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi guys,

im serching for a mel script how have the ability to put a CV curve !POINT! (just the 1 point) into a locator.

And the other mel script im serching is, one how made a curve between the selected Locators.

Can anybody help me. Im really need your help.

Please + Cheers

XBO

Gravedigger
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
hmm your problem isn't really clear. you say a CV curve point. do you mean a CV of a curve or do you mean a curve point? a CV is a control vertex. it's a point which you can move to change the shape of the curve. a curve point is any point on the curve but they can't be modified.

but your problem can be solved very easily.
if you want to select a CV and create a locator at the CV's position then you have to select the CV and run the following script:

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;
vector $pos = `pointPosition $sel[0]`;
spaceLocator -p ($pos.x) ($pos.y) ($pos.z);

if you want to create a locator at a curve point's position select the curve point and run the same script.

to create a curve with the locators as the curves CV's select all the locators and run the following script:

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;
vector $positions[];
string $command = "curve ";
int $i = 0;
for($i = 0; $i<size($sel); $i++)
{
$positions[$i] = `pointPosition $sel[$i]`;
$command = $command+"-p "+$positions[$i]+" ";
}
eval($command);

hope this helps

2xbo
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Hi Gravedigger,

THNX for your fast reply. And i appreciate your time doing that script. :thumbsup:

hmm your problem isn't really clear. you say a CV curve point. do you mean a CV of a curve or do you mean a curve point?
I mean Curve Point.
Im going to try to explain what i need to do. May be is there another way to do that.

Well i recived a measured points scaned in Rhino. They sent those Files and when i read theme in MaYa, those point will convertet into a Locators.
Those files importet in MaYa i need to scale theme and re-export also as a points and NO as a locator.
OR
Re-export those scaled files as Curves.

The point is, that are many points (Locators in MaYa), that means that i need to pick every single Locator creat a curve point or an appropriate.

Thats the reason i asked for a script, how allows me to select locators and then creat a curve or curve point on the selected locators.

That means, that i need, for every single locator a curve point or a nice single curve for those picked Locators.

Then i can scale theme as a Group and re-export in .iges format.

If you can help me or some one out there can help me, i will apreciate really your help.

Have a nice day.

Cheers

XBO

P.S. for along time as asked for a similar script.
A nice guy and scripter "richm" do a nice script.
I not a scripter to change that script and make it work for these special case.

Take a look here if you have time:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=187343

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.