PDA

View Full Version : Freelance info...

SS2
01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone had any info on getting freelance work, I have full time job in the games industry but wanted to do some weekend or evening work. Thanks for any help :)

benclark
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
post your stuff on forums and include a link to your portfolio on every image and in the signature of your post. Make yourself very easy to contact

all the freelance work I have done has been the result of somone seeing my work on forums and contacting me. Maybe some of the UK recruitment agencies might be able to sort you out too

One thing though, all of my freelance contracts have come with very tight deadlines and involve pulling a few all-nighters, so I'm not sure how you would be able fit that into evenings and weekends

good luck:)

ArYeS
01-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Like Alchemist101 said, make yourself seen.

I recently got my first freelance work when somebody saw my 3D model on forums and then went to my homepage.

About deadlines, i don't have tight ones, so thats just a matter of arrangement.

Ghostscape
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Make yourself known, cruise game art forums for freelance work, and it wouldn't hurt to send e-mails to recruiters at companies, either.

My contract doesn't allow me to freelance for other game companies but I was able to (with my company's consent) pick up some freelance work for a browser game before christmas by keeping an eye on some forums and finding some work through a largely non-art forum (somethingawful.com)

The more communities you belong to with people looking for artists the more work you'll find.

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.