PDA

View Full Version : imported character problem

endsjustifyme
01-09-2008, 08:09 AM
I am having a problem with a character that I rigged following a tutorial. The controls and the rig seem to work fine but after importing it into a different scene, and setting it up in a pose and animating some of the controls, I save it, and when I reopen the animated file, the character is in a different pose, some of the controls go back to the bind state as if I had never moved them, while some of them are in the positions where they were when I saved them. I am confused as to why this is happening and I am hoping that someone here can tell me what to look for to fix my problem. I am just starting to learn maya and I am not good at rigging. I used the digital tutors quadraped rigging to help me set up my character (a dog) skeleton, rig, and controls. If anyone has any insight into my problem, or better yet, a solution, please either respond to my post here, or even feel free to email me at xjenx@trustkill.net Thank you for your time in reading my post.

shinyprem
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi..!
Yes this happens rarely.. no idea till now why it happens. Solution: save the animation and the scene file. In case of similar sitiuation laod the animation thro some mel like dkAnim.

Rgds,

Buexe
01-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Are u using references? Could be a source of this "feature". Try scrubbing the timeline after opening the scene. If this doesn`t help, try setting keys on ALL RELEVANT ATTRIBUTES ON YOUR CHARACTER. THis way you force Maya to use the Attribute values in your scene file.

Hope this helps

knoxie
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
try keying EVERY control that you move, not just the ones that animate. Anything that is not keyed may move back to 0,0,0 in translate rotate and scale.

johnchuang
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
especially, key the global control at the start frame.It might work.

Buexe
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
KEY, KEY, KEY! and then KEY MORE! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2008, 12:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.