PDA

View Full Version : Pencil Sketch - Survivor or escapee?

Bliz
04-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Here's a sketch I've just finished. One day the little fella will make it across to 3D land.

http://www.bliz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/trad_art/survivor.jpg

linzi
04-25-2003, 01:33 PM
He's got really interesting anatomy and I'd like to see him in 3d. His expresion is really cool. I'm just curious as to how it all works which means I'd really like to see him animated.

I dont know, is he slouching just now? I cant work out how his joints work.

tomG
04-25-2003, 01:48 PM
its a great character!!! i also want to see this guy animated.
:thumbsup:

therefore, DON'T SIT ON YOUR TIRED ASS!!! GET UP AND POST A 3D ANIMATION FOR US ...... IT'S NOT A SUGGESTION, IT'S AN ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

keep us up to date bliz :-)

Bliz
04-25-2003, 11:59 PM
ok, ok, ok.!!!:hmm:

Thanks for the feedback so far...

I'll try as soon as possible for a 3D update but we're not talking a matter of days here due to other deadlines :)

baaah888
04-26-2003, 07:47 PM
i love the sketch work,

about your poll tho, im just not getting what you want from us you havent really explained why you think theres a need for a poll.

1. he's the innocent victem of the crash, do you mean like a bystanding creature on the floor, or like a passenger? or a captive alien from a bountyhunter? etc

or

2. he looks harmless but caused the crash, like how, he ate the crew, he was the pilot and wanted to kill his passengers, he's really a walking SAM site which fires electric bum spunk like the starship troopers anti air craft things. etc etc,

so before i would vote i was wondering what your veiw was bliz? cause i could vote for one and when you animate it it wont be anything like i was thinking.

Bliz
04-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Glad you like the sketch baaah888,

As for the pol, it's just a bit of trivial fun, I cam up with the title of survivor or escapee because I wasn't sure myself which way he should go.

Thinking back on it, I think I was introduced by the 'Lilo & Stitch film when I drew the sketch. I like the fact in the Lilo & Stitch film how on the alien planet Stich is an extremely dangerous and powerful being yet when he accidently comes to earth, he's seen as 'cute' and harmless. I guess I think of this alien in the same way in that yes he looks defenceless and innocent ... but is he etc. etc.

baaah888
04-26-2003, 09:07 PM
right ok, in that case i think them both mixed together, like he was captured to be put in a zoo because he looked interesting but instead he's got telekinetic powers and freed himself and killed his captors, in an unnecicarlly brutal way. like crushing them against the windshield with the power of thought. :p

linzi
04-27-2003, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah! Carrie with aliens or maybe more like firestarter since there is captivity in the tale? Then again there isn't much carnage in the wreckage so maybe not.

:)Hehe, I still like him. I want one with sticky feet to sit on my moniter.

Bliz
06-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Hello again,

I'm doing a 2D paintover just to get an idea of colour schemes and atmospheres etc. before I take him into 3D land.

This is how far I've got so far.

http://www.bliz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/survivor2c.jpg

Soulstorm
06-24-2003, 11:22 PM
hey i remember this! nice coloring. im very interested in how the 3d model would look like :thumbsup:

Bliz
06-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Cheers Soulstorm - and a thanks to the others who commented on the original post, sorry I didn't thank you before linzi, baaah888 and tomG. :thumbsup:

Bliz
08-18-2003, 02:11 AM
An update as I've just returned to this. Working on the sky [obviously :D ]

http://www.bliz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/comp_art/survivor2c.jpg

wah431996
08-18-2003, 09:48 AM
very nice work!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ryoma
08-18-2003, 08:23 PM
nice alien character. Beautiful colouring job ! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.