PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Computer

nofxsapunk
04-15-2002, 11:14 AM
ok i have an unlimited amount of money to get a a perfect computer i have some things that i need on it, cd burner,dvd burner,wildcat III graphics card and it must have 2 monitors and tons of HD space and tons of RAM and i will run windows on it, i just need to know what i should pick, i have looked at HP,alienware,IBM and companies like that but i dont know what to get

ALIASWAVE
04-15-2002, 12:21 PM
builded your own or go with a 3d Boxx

link to 3d Boxx (http://www.boxxtech.com)

Valkyrien
04-15-2002, 12:34 PM
dual athlons......

GeForce 4 4600......

Creative SBLive! sound card.....

two 120 Gig HD's (unless you get a case that supports 4.... :D:D).....

DVD-R Drive.....

CD-RW.....

two or more 1 gig sticks of RAM.....

bweeeee

Valkyrien
04-15-2002, 08:43 PM
um, apparently I wasn't clear about one thing. That's my dream machine, not something I have. My job doesn't pay THAT well!! :p

phatgroovn
04-16-2002, 05:09 AM
BOXX's dual P4 Xeon. 2x 2.4 GHZ, all the SCSI they got, wildcat 6210,,,

or buy a new car, about same price, but the BOXX will be faster ;)

SheepFactory
04-17-2002, 07:11 AM
definitely Boxx! :buttrock:

fill in the online quote form , surprisingly their prices are not expensive considering the kick a$$ configurations of their workstations.

A|i

Fuzer
04-17-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm getting a BOXX reeeeeall soon.
Even if I weren't concerned about price I would probably go with them :buttrock:

ALIASWAVE
04-17-2002, 08:51 AM
GO with Boxx with Athlons!
P4 sucks

nofxsapunk
04-17-2002, 09:48 AM
ok i might go for the BOXX but i dont know if they can get all of the stuff i want and i cant get prices i need to know prices so i can get to money out of the bank but i dont really care the processor as long as it is fast and kicks major a$$ i want everything to be the best:D

nofxsapunk
04-17-2002, 10:01 AM
ok well i think i might just build the computer myself any special suggestions that i can be giving please make a list of things you would put on yours .

SheepFactory
04-17-2002, 10:12 AM
if you want everything to be the best than you should go with Boxx. After all if you are going to spend all that money you would at least want your machine to be certified for DCC.

and here:
http://www.boxxtech.com/asp/salesinquiry.asp

you fill this , state whatever you want them to put in the computer and they send you a custom price.

after you get the price , compare it with the price you will get if you build the computer piece by piece.(keep in mind you get tech support from boxx while you dont have any support if you do it piece by piece) you'll see there arent any difference between the price , and you get a much cooler looking case with boxx not to mention the warranty.

hope this helps

A|i

nofxsapunk
04-18-2002, 11:18 AM
ok thank you sheep factory for the advice on the 3d BOXX because i am going to get one but i need to get some of the things i wanted external but i can live withat that i guess or i will just buy a new box lol but im glad you help me out, it saved me some cash:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SheepFactory
04-18-2002, 11:32 AM
You are welcome ,

Enjoy your new system

A|i

Valkyrien
04-18-2002, 07:50 PM
flat panel, 19"+ monitor (whatever you have room for) would be good...actually, make that two flat panels.....I assume you can get a card built in that supports dual monitors?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.