PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Engineering Relationships?

PixelDroid
01-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi all:
When analysing a rig, say you find the channel box for a bone is yellow, indicating that it is connected to something else. Is there a simple approach to discovering what it is connected to?
Thanks.

JYoung
01-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Hypergraph: Connections

That might get what you want.

Remi
01-07-2008, 05:58 PM
right-click on attribute>Connection editor

PixelDroid
01-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Once opened in the Connection Editor, is there a way to load the items its connected to?

dragonlair81
01-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't use the connection editor I would use the hypergraph: connections or you could also use the hypershade. For the hypershade just select the object go to the work area of the hypershade and just hit the input and output connections button to see whats connected to what.

refract
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Hypershade only here.

Emil3d
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
The easest way for me to get to the input node is by using the Attribute Editor. Right click on an attribute, and the input connection will be listed as the first item in the pop up menu. Also at the top of the Attribute Editor, next to the name of the node, there are 2 buttons for Input and Output connections with icons showing an arrow in and out of a box. Right click on the Input or Output button to see all connections and select the desired node.

In the channel box, first select(highlight) the name of the attribute then right click and choose Select Connection.

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.