PDA

View Full Version : shader problem

donvlatko
04-24-2003, 10:15 AM
hello everyone,

I have one question. I want my model to be transparent in view port but without using 32bit tga file(with alpha). It not work for me because it's big file, can I work around with...for example png file our jpg.Some how to fake but still to get result like I am useing 32bit tga.

thanks

donvlatko:buttrock:

kheemo
04-24-2003, 04:57 PM
yes sometimes Im just using a .jpg black n white ..you plug it in the transparency channel ... but you need one too for the color,, so that be 2 files

is that any helpful ? :hmm:

donvlatko
04-24-2003, 05:32 PM
thanks but that is ok for render...

I need to see transperenci in view window of maya

kheemo
04-24-2003, 06:08 PM
ok sorry ... did you tried that ...

select your shader ..(att editor ctrl+a) go into Hardware Rendering / select transparency and put it at highest ...same thing with color

those will affect the display in the views

donvlatko
04-24-2003, 07:02 PM
ok I will try,

thankssss

lowkey
04-24-2003, 07:37 PM
do you want the model to be transparent only while modeling?

if that's the case try x-ray viewmode...you can even assign a hotkey for toggling transparency on/off using e.g. a little script called 'toggleMania' (to be found on highend3d.com)!

well, just an idea! :)

kheemo
04-24-2003, 08:15 PM
there is also .sgi file that support alpha ...but I think you need a plugin for photoshop to save as .sgi

donvlatko
04-25-2003, 10:39 AM
thanks guys...

but that is not what I am looking for.I think that Maya only support 32bit TGA and also every other file that have alpha chanel...I try every way I know to don't use aplha and to get the same result like I am useing alpha chanel....

thank you all for your answers

donvaltko

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.