PDA

View Full Version : how to animate her ponytail

allanlee
04-15-2002, 06:09 AM
well my question is my character here has a ponytail and i need it to deform with her movemant. I'm useing maya and I'dont know anuff about dynamics to make good use of it. So im asking for directions to a good tutorial or any suggestions thak for your time people and well tell me what you think of her head.

info on the head i modeled it out of patches

isome
04-15-2002, 09:11 PM
analee, nice model, very nice..can we see some other views?

maya has some pretty neat dynamics, i'm sure you could apply to the geometry making up her ponytail, or you could bone it, create some expressions to drive them...pretty vague, i know...maya isn't my strength...

Squash&Strech
04-16-2002, 10:51 PM
I love your Model, Great work, the Hair is wonderfully Sculpted,

I suppose it depends what Kind of control you are looking for to animate it. Do you want a lot of COntrol? just General shape control? know what I mean, Can you be more specific ? Ther are lots of ways to set it up for animation, just depends what Level you are interested in doing........:buttrock:

allanlee
04-17-2002, 01:54 AM
well thanks

on your question I don't rely need a lot of control of the hair I more need it to react to fields and the motion of the character.
she will most likely be part of an action sequnce. so hair needs to have a lot of movement like for those oh so cool shots where the wind is blowing in the air or she's flying through the to do a drop kick. Thats the kind of stuff this character will be involved in so any advise you have would be realy great.

side note her hair is made of nurbs at a high tesslation for i want a lot of movement. The hair can deform any which way but I want it to act like a rubber band and allways form back to haow it is in the pic thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.