PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate bones, skin, and IK handle

jonnex
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi,

I've been rigging a character in Maya for a few hours, and I've run into an issue with duplicating an item (it's basically just a thin shaped, pretty simple mesh). I've got a long bone chain connected to it, with an IK handle. The reason the bone chain is long (probably about 12/15 bones in length) is so i get a nice smooth deformation.

All I want to do is duplicate the mesh, the bones, and the IK handle, so that I have the 3 in exactly the same position as duplicated in, where the IK handle still works, and all the bones still affect the mesh. But what ever I try, this never works!

I've tried selecting them all, then going to edit > duplicate. I've tried selecting just the bones or just the mesh and duplicating. Neither work, each one does some slightly different thing which is never what i'm after.

I can't believe there isn't an obvious option for this, it must just be that i'm blind and i haven't seen it.

if anyone can help i'd be really so grateful!

thanks for reading (sorry, it got long!)

Jonny

JYoung
01-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Select your mesh and the ik handle, go to duplicate special options, and check the box for duplicate input graph.

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2008, 05:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.