PDA

View Full Version : Monster training - anim for showreel

Psycho84
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
waiting.avi (http://www.mattstoyak.com/reeltmp/waiting.avi)
(save as)

The idea started out as a simple 'waiting' animation but now its kinda become something a bit more complex. Basicaly the animation is of a monster in a 'scaring range' (like a shooting range) and he is setting up for a practice scare. He gets it all wrong however and ends up unconscious :P

So what do you guys think?
(btw, I've fixed the monsters penetration through the door)

aesir
01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
looks great, but that one scare pose he gets into reminds me too much of sully from monsters inc and his scare pose.

Psycho84
01-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Hehe, I havnt seen that movie in years so I'll take that unintended similarity as an indication that my animation's not total rubbish :)

But in all seriousness thanks for the critique. I might not have enough time to make that big a change before It needs to be sent off but ill have a look at it. Thanks again.

thehive
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
look great but at the end would settle the body a bit more like another 20 to 30 frames so it dosent jus stop other than that its its cool

lime324
01-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Hahahaha... very funny and good animation, nice subtleties! Yes, it's remind me of Sulley! :D
You can exagerate more on the impact, though. like make him stick on the door for just 2 frames, or make him stick on the wall after the impact and then slide down slowly. It can make it more comical, well, just my opinon... hehe..

Great one pal!! nicely done!
Cheers.. :beer:

Psycho84
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Cheers guys, I'm actualy rendering out the final version as I type so i wont be able to make any more changes but I did make the settle at the end ever so slightly longer and added a bit more settle to his leg.

I'll be doing a few more simple action animations to suppliument this in my showreel so I'll post those up here when they are ready for critique.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.