PDA

View Full Version : Very frustrate problem with cable

HEKTOR
01-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello!

I have very frustrate problem in maya, i try rigg a cable. I read many topic on forum but, I want very realistic cables. I write step by step what i do.

First of all, i do curve and exturde along this curve a polygon circle. Next I do a many joint's exactly in mesh.

Now i make a new curve (1 linear) with vertex exacly in joint's and set this curve as dynamic, the poit lock is not attach. I do two stick constrain on curve, pint method is U parameter, one constrain with 0 second with 1. Now i change interactions on 100, stiffnes like 0.8 (this is a big hard cable, on big robot) and i change others value.

Next i do spline IK - root joint -> tip joint, with dynamic curve.

Now i have very very big problems:
The end of cables don't stick exacly where I want. I fix this (not great), i put a 5 stkick constrain near end of cable, and it not move. But other problem is... a jiggling (??) the calbe is dance or shake.

I don't know what to do now. Maybe is some magic mel, to do this, but i try some mels :( it don't works.

Please help me!
Really sorry about my english!

shinyprem
01-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi...

Problem could be ur mesh is not straight instead cured too much . So thts why the geo Filps. Or the spline curve is straight for the curved mesh. Hope u got wat I mean. Put some image.

Rgds,

yenvalmar
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
you need point lock turned on, the purpose is to keep the end in place :)

post a movie for the motion problem.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.