PDA

View Full Version : Valkiry

Opeth
04-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Hi!
this is a drawing i did on the inner side of my bedroom door.
i know the quality is lousey, but thats all i got right now :\
let me know if u got any crits etc. before i spray it with fixative spray please :)
oh & another question, i've been asked alot & i never quite know what to say, but how much should i take for something like this?
(on the door, on the wall.. whatever)

http://www.davids-gallery.com/Valkiry3.jpg

Man
04-24-2003, 01:15 AM
(damn ur good!!!dude....first of all.....that's one of the ten greatest drawings i've ever saw (i know it's a bit too much) she deserves legs....i can only think of a big black gothic skirt.....second: you have to make a 3d model:D (someone have to do it)...and third n last :if it was me..i would charge 300 bucks....i mean....when i used to paint i charged like 100 bucks for each painting (i live in brazil so it's not that much - but it's a lot!) and they were smaller...so..that's it....she doesn't need any changes and u should take a better shot, so it can go to the gallerie...seriously man....awesome - front page work!!

earthworm
04-24-2003, 02:30 AM
COOOL... love her weapon and the shoulder armour. what medium did you use to draw on the door by the way?

Jaedin
04-24-2003, 04:17 AM
How much is the door worth? Instead of painting over it you should take it off the hinges and sell it and then buy a new door.:airguitar

AlteredState
04-24-2003, 06:39 AM
Very badass. I'm curious what you used also. Picture looks a bit monochromatic.

Those are some big-ass hands for such a sweet faced girl...

secretasianman
04-24-2003, 08:09 AM
:drool: wow i love the style, but now.
the face looks a little out of place with all the other detail, but i still think it faukin rocks.

richd
04-24-2003, 11:37 AM
wow, that's the greatest door art i've ever seen in my life. well i haven't seen many door arts but its still great. and great job on the details and nice design. how many years did this take? jk maybe months. :thumbsup:

Opeth
04-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the comments ppl :)
AlteredState & earthworm & everyone else who was wondering, i drew this with a HB pencil.. i'm not sure how its called in english, but one of those pencils u put a 0.5 lead in & click on the top to push the lead out.. mechanical pencil maybe? anyway, i used that.

& about the time it took me, its very very hard to tell.
i started it about 7 months ago, did all the outlines in a few hours.
then i didn't touch it for about 3 months (i wasn't home alot because of the army).
then i started filling it in, a few hours - again.
then again i didn't touch it for 4 months (army again).
& a few days ago i came back home & decided to finnish it :)
i'd say overall of about 8 hours.. maybe a little less.

oh, & the lack of proportions is intentional.
little girl, big armor.. just decided to try it out for once after drawing all the big dudes in even bigger armor..

richd
04-24-2003, 12:55 PM
wow man, 8 hours :eek: obviously as stated by my ignorant comment it woulda a took me a lifetime to complete this. you get a lot of props man.

Opeth
04-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Hey, i decided to post a better pic & a picture of me next to the drawing to show the size of it.. i'm 175cm tall, just take it into consideration :)

http://www.davids-gallery.com/ValkiryCLSP.jpg

http://www.davids-gallery.com/Valkiry&me.jpg

Dark-Angel
04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Thats wake :eek: , nice stuff. but i wonder, how the hell do you fight with that kind of weapon? i see it more like a much more danerous weapon to your self then to others :D but good stuff man :thumbsup:

linzi
04-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Really nice pic. Only problem I'm having with it is that the arms look kinda like battering rams and as such are positioned oddly.

I edited your scan a little so that the shadow doesn't take away from the full glory of your pic. Sorry if the edit is a little bright.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/irene.mcgough/images/ValkiryCLSP.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.