PDA

View Full Version : character: First wacom drawing

Edouard
04-23-2003, 11:37 PM
Hello,

A have a wacom tablet!!! so this is my first serious try too draw a lady. I have only one little problem, I like the post production better, please tell me what you think. Other C&C are also welcome.:wavey:

original picture

http://www.vi2.com/getFile/139065.jpg

post production

http://www.vi2.com/getFile/139067.jpg

Edouard
04-24-2003, 11:37 PM
come on guys 50 views and still no replies, I can need some feedback. :p

erik2003
04-24-2003, 11:54 PM
I like the B/W version better - nice hard contrast there almost graphic.

Good picture btw good technique on the hair!

Keep wacomming

linzi
04-25-2003, 12:34 AM
I like both of them. I just think that it needs tightened up a little in places. I'd soften her facial features and skin shades with a little bit of air brushing. Her hair style is cool but it doesn't quite have that feathered look that the style looks like it should have.

For that I'd use this brush http://homepage.ntlworld.com/irene.mcgough/images/brushes.jpg(comes with photoshop in the goodies folder - well, with 5.5 anyway) with the smudge tool and basically carefully 'comb' through the hair in the directions you want and at the tips of the hair brush the darker shades in and the lighter shades out. Then take the smallest round brush and airbrush in the finer details of the hair.

Nice work, I like her pose and her pout..

Edouard
04-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Thanx but I see this picture as finished, I need some C&C so i can use them for my second that I will be drawing soon...

eric2003: I'm glad you like it, I'm verry happy with the hair

linzi: I'm not going further on this picture but maybe I can use your comment for the next one, Thanx:D :arteest:

Libor
04-25-2003, 03:41 PM
I like the color version more. If I would crit something it would be hair. I see that you were going for painterly feel but the hairdo is quite detailed but hair strands are too thick.

I would go for thinner hair tips or paint her hairdo more losely-freely.

Nice start, pal. Keep painting:beer:

serene
04-28-2003, 07:03 AM
I like the hair the way it is,,, nice picture ;)

bumskee
04-29-2003, 06:41 AM
hey!
i think it's pretty good for the first timer, you gotta see my wacom paintings...they are like F!&@*#^!*&(@*&#(*#&@!!!!.
well, obviously it's not a master piece yet, :p but its looking good so far, oh and i agree with serene, hair is nice just the way it is.

cheers,

Alevice
04-30-2003, 12:17 AM
The face is kinda of... plain

mattregnier
04-30-2003, 04:22 PM
I like both versions, but I think something that looks off to me when you colorized it is the chin. it seems like the shadow on it makes it look a little large. take it in a bit, because she looks like she was meant to be a slender woman. other than that, this is boffo dude :D

boffo meaning good :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.