PDA

View Full Version : WIP - PSP spec character

JoeRobins
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Hello World!
I'm Joe, signed up to the site the other day and have decided to post my early beginnings of my new project. I am doing a PSP spec remake of Guybrush Threepwood. I decided to base the model on the Guybrush from "Le Chuck's Revenge" purely because its my personal favorite.

The project is still very much in its early stages, I started it this evening after getting home from work. But I have roughed out an early model so I thought I would post it up for some inital feedback just to make sure I am not making any blindingly obvious errors.

The head is far from complete and I haven't optimised whatsoever yet, its purelty the starting point. The main focus of the project for me is going to be in the texture work, I am concentrating in improving that aspect of my skillset as its not as up to par as I would like it to be yet.

Anyway I should probably post the pic!
(I've added it as an attachment so hopefully it will appear)

JoeRobins
01-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Any crits at this early stage? I always find it ominous when there are plenty of views but no comments :shrug:

GenZ
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
hey man,its looking good.Maybe you could make the coat wider on the side view and also add a loop on the shoulder,just in case.

JoeRobins
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
ahh yeah didn't notice the lack of wideness on the side view, its amazing how easy it is to miss these things when you are staring it it for so long :). One thing I did notice this morning when I logged in at work, was that the feet appear to be a little to far forward on the side view. btw cheers for the close up of the hands, I've used a similar structure to some extent, especially for the thumb... normally hands are the bane of my existence but I am really happy with how they came out. Tonight I am getting the head sorted and fixed on, making the tweaks to the main body mesh and optimising. Then its UVW city!. I have a day off this weekend so I hope to get heavily into the texturing if not complete it fully. I bought and downloaded the "swordmaster" tutorial from 3dtotal last night on a whim... its pretty good, the guy uses a similar workflow to me with regards texturing bar one or two different methods that I am going to try out!

GenZ
01-04-2008, 05:04 PM
yeah thats a nice tut,i learned alot from it :P

GregorCZ
01-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Lol Guybrush, so many good memories.
Looks good so far, I can't wait to see how it will look like textured.

JoeRobins
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I've finally got past the UVW mapping and have begun the texture work. I've started on the jacket first and I am fairly happy with how its going. I am not in the least bit looking forward to doing the face tho.... one thing I have realised is how much your imagination builds in the gaps with uber low rez sprites, I was sure I knew exactly what guybrush looked like untill I blew him up and saw exactly how little detail there is. I am also worrying that I haven't allocated enough space to the face, and I am considering going back and reworking it. At the moment its half and half so it will be doubling up... I don't know if that is going to work... *fingers crossed*

Updates hopefully later tonight!

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.