PDA

View Full Version : mirror skeleton

Venom Hawk
01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey guys,
I'm rigging a creature for the first time. Just finished one leg with all the controls. Is there any way to mirror the skeleton without having to reconnect all the controls and the attributes once again? I have a foot and a knee control, but when mirroring the joints I have to do the whole process again, which is time consuming and not so fun =(. No matter if I choose behavior or orient in the mirror options.

And one another thing. I made the feet slightly off the world axis (didn't think of it when modeling), meaning that the foot control's local rotation axis is not aligned with the world space. However, when adjusting the LRA how it should be, I then want to freeze the transformations, but it resets the LRA to world axis all the time. Is there any way to get around this? I want to be able to go to bind pose, now now I can't since I don't know how to freeze transformations so it doesn't affect the LRA.
Sorry for the basic questions, but I'm little stuck here hehe...

Thx

shinyprem
01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
HI...
You can get the setdriven conection on the bones but not the contro curve. to align the LRA put a group over it unparent the joint and align the group, now parent the joint to the group.

Rgds,

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.