PDA

View Full Version : Rivet scale problem

johnchuang
01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi, guys! I rigged a character using rivet to keep mustache on face(parenting bones to rivets which were generated around mouth and binding mustache to those bones ). all work fine before I scale the character . when scale to 0.3 , the mustache distorted. It's very weird,when scale to or above 0.4 it's ok. Just when below 0.4 , the mustache began to distort. Rivets are scale constrainted to the globalControl curve. It seems the rivets rotate a bit when scale down .
Any help ? Thank you !

PS: I use this rivet mel http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/animation/Rivet--button--976.html

isoparmB
01-04-2008, 09:44 AM
The rivet creates a loft object where the locator's position is determined. There is an auto reverse attribute which the loft uses, you should turn this off, this is what causes objects to flip. But also you'll have to test wether the loft generated is flat (sometimes switching the auto reverse option off will result in a twisted plane, you see this by the way the locator travels when you slide the paremeterU and V attrs on the pointOnSurfaceInfo node for the rivet), if it is twisted just flip either the first or second curve in the loft node options.

djx
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
My rivet script (djRivet.mel (http://www.djx.com.au/blog/downloads/)) works a bit differently, so things should scale correctly. (you need maya unlimited though). You would also have to add the scale constraint yourself.

-- David

johnchuang
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Hi,isoparmB , Thank you , maybe it caused by the reverse attr ,since it looks like flipped over, but it has no eff to turn off that attr. Thank you IsoparmB , you made me know better about rivet node.

Hi, djx, your djRivet is awesome. still I couldn't figure out the scale issue, I'll try again .Thank you ,David, I like you mel !:thumbsup:

johnchuang
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi,isoparmB , Thank you , maybe it caused by the reverse attr ,since it looks like flipped over, but it has no eff to turn off that attr. Thank you IsoparmB , you made me know better about rivet node.

Hi, djx, your djRivet is awesome. still I couldn't figure out the scale issue, I'll try again .Thank you ,David, I like you mel !:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.