PDA

View Full Version : What nodes display in the hypergraph hierarchy - PLE8.5

ronviers
01-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Why is it that when I:

createNode multiplyDivide -n test_md;

or:

createNode condition -n test_cdn;

I do not get test_cdn and test_md nodes displayed in the hypergraph hierarchy? Actually I did get a multiplyDivide node that I had created to show up in the Hypergraph hierarchy once but I don't remember what I did to get it. It seems to me that they should show up in both the hierarchy and the hypergraph connections editors.

Thanks,
Ron

Robert Bateman
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
neither of them are transform nodes, ergo they cannot be part of a hierarchy. If you click the show input/output connections after creating them you should see them (if not, select them using the mel command select, then re-click the show input output connections).

ronviers
01-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Hmmm, I will have to think about that. You're right, I can find them in the connections editor but only if I do not navigate away from them after creation. Once I do they seem to be gone for good. I will read up on finding them with mel.
Do you have any idea why they showed up in the hypergraph hierarchy that one time? When they did show up I was able to mmb drag and make connections. They really did show up - I'm not imagining it.

Thank you very much for the valuable info,
Ron

GiantG
01-04-2008, 11:33 PM
You can turn on "Show DAG Nodes" in the outliner. Here you can find anything you have created.
If you want to display it in the hypershade select it and select show input/output connections

ronviers
01-06-2008, 05:22 AM
That seems like a good way to find everything and even do some housecleaning. I have found several nodes that don't seem to do anything and when I load them into connections they don't appear to be connected to anything, for example I found a time node that seems to be just sitting there, but I don't know enough to delete them yet.

Thanks for the added information,

Ron

pgraham
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
if you've lost a node but remember its name, you can select it using the select by name box on the right side of the toolbar at the top of the main window. It might start out as coordinates or something else, just click the little triangle next to it to get select by name. Once it's selected you can view it in hypergraph with the show input output connections button.

To delete everything that's not connected to something, open hypershade and choose edit->delete unused nodes. Sometimes it deletes more than you expect, so be careful with this one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.