PDA

View Full Version : Secret Garden, Bernardo Arroyo (3D)

DigitalOmega
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/33455/33455_1199296604_medium.jpg

Title: Secret Garden
Name: Bernardo Arroyo
Software: 3ds max, Digital Fusion, Photoshop, VRay

This is an image I did for Research on vegetation using the onyxtree plugin and a lot of vray proxies, also for mid-day lighitng conditions using the vray sun and physical camera. it is made with linear workflow, also I tried to make a more realistic grass, but for Ram Issues I couldnīt have enough subdvs on the displacement, I hope you like it and thank you in advance for your comments!

HowieFarkes
01-03-2008, 02:47 AM
The plants look very nice - however I think the render needs some work. It looks like you're using some depth of field blur and yet there seems to be no part of the scene that is in proper focus. The colors and lighting are pretty convincing though - just something about he focus/blur makes it all not quite right.

coolpranz
01-03-2008, 06:54 AM
nice work on vegetation :)

Bubbaloo
01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Very nice, but I agree about the dof. It's too much.

visionmaster2
01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
very nice picture and amazing plants.
the big problem in your image is the dof, there is nothing on focus. (it looks like )
did you added a litlle gaussian blur on the whites in photoshop ?

the "house" shader is perhaps to white.

i really love the quality of your render.

DigitalOmega
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey, thank you all for your comments!
I know the DOF is too exagerated, (mental note: I should get a traditional photography course one day hehe)
The scene looks like if thereīs nothing in focus because in the composition there is nothing like a main point of interest and I couldnīt have that focused and the rest blurry.. A good thing to learn for my future tests..
And I made the color correction in fusion5 (the original render from vray looks very dull) and I added a soft glow filter to make the whites "shine?"
Anyways, I will be working on some more images based on the things I learnt with this image and the mistakes will be very helpfull for the next projects

thanks and good luck to all!

B-

ThirdEye
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree about the dof. It's too much.

It's the opposite, there's not much of it.

visionmaster2
01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
please, could you explain your point of view ThirdEye ?

DigitalOmega
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
hmm maybe if I put more DOF focused on the sculptures I can make the bg blurry too, and they will be in focus making the pic more interesting.. hmm.. is this what you mean ThirdEye?
thanks for the comments!

Elinewton
01-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Great image!! Really awesome!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2008, 04:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.