PDA

View Full Version : NURBS Hand Modeling

platypus
04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Looking for a decent hand modeling tutorial for nurbs in Maya. specifically dealing with good patch stitching/aligning/etc...

i have been through the maya tutorials thread extensively, but have not found anything very useful yet.

any ideas?

bukowskit
04-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Check out www.3drender.com, modelling section, I reckon there is a pretty solid tutorial on how to model a NURBS hand (even though its written for Rhino3D).

onlooker
04-24-2003, 05:43 AM
I've done a hand in nurbs. It turned out realy nice. I used a Nurbs hand tutorial from the book Maya 2 Character animation. Good book. You might be able to find it (the tutorial) online now. It was chapter 4. :) To get you started though. Use Half cylinders for the beginning of the fingers. You'll need image plains of the palm, and back of your hand. (Scan yours) I did.

Nevertheless. I think you can find it online.
:)

You could use the instant Maya tutorial for creating a hand in SubD's located in your maya help menu, and convert it to nurbs if your desperate enough. :)

M_Orlich
04-25-2003, 03:04 AM
MAYA Character Animation seems to have good tutorial on building a hand. i haven't gone through it yet but i like others in the book quite a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.