PDA

View Full Version : how to do this ?????

bmlokesh
01-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I am trying ot write a script for unhiding and unfreezing all the objects including layers
my code is like this
It should basically select every object including helpers, shapes, geometry ......

Here I am trying on simple boxes

for o in selection where not(o.layer.on) and (o.layer.unfreeze ) do o.layer.on = true
(
select $box*
unhide selection dolayer:true
unfreeze selection dolayer:true
)

This is working fine but I have to run the same code for 3 times to get what I desire
anything wrong with this code???????

Thanks in advance

U.S.S. Speed
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I've just check this :

Everything = ($objects) as array

for o in Everything do
(
unhide o doLayer:True
unfreeze o
)

And it appears to work fine.

Little note, I learned the hard way to not use "select" in a maxscript. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but it always slowed my script to hell when it was called too often.

RustyKnight
01-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I am trying ot write a script for unhiding and unfreezing all the objects including layers
my code is like this
It should basically select every object including helpers, shapes, geometry ......

Here I am trying on simple boxes

for o in selection where not(o.layer.on) and (o.layer.unfreeze ) do o.layer.on = true
(
select $box*
unhide selection dolayer:true
unfreeze selection dolayer:true
)

This is working fine but I have to run the same code for 3 times to get what I desire
anything wrong with this code???????

Thanks in advanceU.S.S. Speed approach is correct, but I might also add
unfreeze o doLayer:true
as well, just to be sure.

The reason, I think, your original code is having problems is the fact that you are only look at layers that are off and unfrozen, which may be limiting your results...

Shane

Gravey
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
just to add a bit more to what has already been said:

i think the simplest and fastest way would take only 2 lines unfreeze objects doLayer:true
unHide objects doLayer:true if you also want to select everything, use select objects

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.