PDA

View Full Version : Hypershade Node Visibility

taxibickle
01-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm a Maya noob so appologies now for asking a possible dumb question, but we all have to learn somewhere.

I'm working through some tutorials from Digital Tutors for rigging cartoon characters.

The tutorials ask for the use of MultDiv nodes via the hypershade editor.

The problem I'm having is accessing or viewing these nodes after restarting Maya. I can't seem to find any way of accessing these nodes once they are created.

Anyone, anyone?

Tripple-I
01-02-2008, 01:17 AM
did you check under the utilities tab?

taxibickle
01-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, I have looked at the utilities to notice that you can add a multdiv node from there vs. creating a fancy custom window to make one, but I still haven't figured out a way to find multdiv nodes that I have already created.

As I am creating them I can see them right in front of me, but if I close the hypershade window or re-open my file later on, there doesn't seem to be a way to pull them back up.

If I click on the multdiv icon in the utilities list, it just creates a new node.

shinyprem
01-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Hi ..!

You have to select the control curve or something(mesh) to see their connection in the work area. Hope this is wat u mean.
rgds,

taxibickle
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I think that sounds about right.

I'll look into it.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.