PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop 7.0 :: Next Level

Jori
04-23-2003, 04:00 PM
I'm very happy to announce you that I finally achieve my main goal: to do something in photoshop.
To paint this drawing of mine, I use everything: paint bucket, layer masks, airbrush, light effects... but...

something is disturbing me, and I don't know really what?

http://membres.lycos.fr/tsuforum/faraolegio500.jpg

Dark-Angel
04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
what discuse you? your character is about to do you the finger? :D

Hamsterhead
04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
I suppose you could put more shadows, and darker shadows on the arms, and some other areas, and sort out a clear lighting source to do the face, because it looks like theres highlights where there shouldn't be and stuff

I had real trouble looking for any problems, Dont overwork it cos it is really great

It looks like a Yugi-oh character, sorry if you weren't going for that, but you could insert a card into his hand and it wouldn't go amiss

WonderWolf Drew
04-23-2003, 11:42 PM
If you put the heel of your hand over your face you should find your fingers almost at your hairline. One of those universal measurements. Your character's hands may be too big and that could be what's throwing your eye off. Or it could be a style thing. :shrug: As could be the indefinable light source.

Hope to have helped, great pic anyhoo. Don't know why you think you need a crit - I'd be happy with it. :)

WW

kyphur
04-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Overall it's a pretty decent peice of work. I think you should work on your lineweight a bit more and add some variance to it rather than make it all the same all over. I think this would help the composition a LOT.

Kyph

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.