PDA

View Full Version : Problems \ Solvings

instruct9r
01-01-2008, 12:11 AM
ok.. i would like to share one problem that i have'd with Maya and what's the way to run away from it..

The problem.. if you have more than one (two, three, more) joint laying on the same position that have a geometry bound to them, Maya does not want to mirror weights properly... actually is not mirroring the weight for those joints at all... before i was solving the problem by downgrading the file to Maya 7 and mirroring there (Maya 7 don't have this problem)... so.. the only way i found is if you move the joints little bit (let's say with 0.0001) and then mirror again.....

if you have some other problems \ solvings share please

NolanSW
01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't recall if I've had the same problem personally. What version of Maya are you using? I know that some options have changed for 2008. If you still have pre 8.5 version of Maya you could grab the mirror skin weights script and try that.

One other option is try a more forced approach where you select the joints on one side, find out what geo is bound then select the verts that are bound to those joints and mirror just those verts without any smooth skin interpolation.

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.