PDA

View Full Version : Having A Drink, Tomtom (3D)

tomtom
04-23-2003, 02:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/35655/tomili_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/35655/tomili.jpg)

http://tomiland.free.fr/bardrinkfrench.htm

Hope you'll like it...

bigbad
04-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Like it alot. Really cool. The pose and everything.

Cole
04-23-2003, 03:11 PM
impressive, i like the render style and the pose is great. Crits:

Work on the liquid shader a little more, it looks a little like playdoh or some solid rather than a liquid (make it more transparent) the jacket looks a little odd around the buttons,

I love the detail on the chair:thumbsup:

hesido
04-23-2003, 03:25 PM
The style is so good.

As for the liquid, it could be a glass of tomato juice :)

Good job.

suttercane
04-23-2003, 05:36 PM
nice, when i first saw it i couldn't tell if it was 2d or 3d. very interesting style.

Risibility
04-23-2003, 05:58 PM
Looks absolutely great but the cloth on his jacket is bugging me. Good job.

FusionDG
04-23-2003, 06:05 PM
looks great, nice nostalgic sepia appearance.

Couldn’t help but think of this when I saw it:

Sometimes you want to go, where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name. Cheers! :beer:

Paul

noden
04-25-2003, 03:59 AM
i like it a lot, i like the effect the lighting has on his jacket, the grain quality also fit well with the lighting style..

the only thing that sticks out for me is the floor and where the floor meets the wall.

maybe make the bump map is too tiled, and too big of a scale, the bumps on the floor look too big and round..

i would also add something like a heating base board along the bottom of the wall.. or something to close off that open space

but i love it, solid unique style:beer:

Annuostivix
04-25-2003, 04:16 AM
wonderful. It's a lot like tomatoe juice though, Im not sure you wnated it that way. The image looks as though you may have wnated it to be exactly the way it is, so I'm impressed. jood gob? heh. Very Cheers, funny of the one guy to point it out. :D

kdub
04-25-2003, 04:42 AM
brilliant...the table is amazing, hell its all good, very nice.

:beer:

leigh
04-25-2003, 05:23 AM
That's REALLY good :eek:
I'm going to plug this one, I think the style is amazing :applause:
The liquid in the glass is REALLY well done! :thumbsup:

Oh, and welcome to CG Talk! :beer: Really good to have you here.

little5points
04-25-2003, 06:12 AM
nice departure from all of the fantasy art. good work

mattregnier
04-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Very cool, reminds me of pictures I used to see on the barber shop walls I went to as a kid :D

dbach
04-25-2003, 06:29 AM
I like the guy a lot he has a lot of charecter. The thing that gets me is that element wise there is very little depth on the table, maby move the teacup slighty behind the spritzer bottle or maby add another element to the table, you know odd number's are generaly better for compositions 3,6,9 etc. But then maby you were trying to have 3 elements with the glass in the guys hand.

Oh well, my 2 cents.

Overall nice work, especially the charecter!

Out,
Don

tmt
04-25-2003, 06:30 AM
Wonderful picture! The only critique I have that the chair is a little bit oversized...

Well done!

:bounce: :applause:

Ac0rN
04-25-2003, 07:40 AM
Haha .. I saw your site few days ago ... good stuff ! :thumbsup:

Libor
04-25-2003, 08:19 AM
Its simply beautiful picture!!:) Actually its masterpiece for EXPOSE!!

Just some comments:

At first I though the man is inside of cafe (rubber floor, table etc.), but after longer observation it seems he is outside the building (because of "non flipped" text on the window). Also the lighting wouldnt match indoor...

What I want to say is its a bit misleading now - the ground looks artificial like plastic or something but regarding lighting and background he must be standing outdoor.

So how it is?

I would also tune lighting on his face so there is stronger contrast (the left side is almost the same intensity as directly lit right). I think this could push already great piece of art even further!

:beer:

Keep up the good work, man!

gL_spear
04-25-2003, 08:43 AM
I think this is a classic piece, you've really made it look like a great period photograph :thumbsup:

digitaldamage
04-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Amazing!
The picture looks wonderful. I like especially the table, You hit the mark with that one. Looks old, rusty and weathered. I can "feel" the surface just by looking at it.

Good lighting too!. The overly stong contast fits perfect. :applause:

parallax
04-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Its totally convincing, except for the floor part maybe.

You've just made yourself immortal

BlindFish
04-25-2003, 10:13 AM
mais c un autoportrait que tu nous a fais la !!!
c toi dans 30 ans ! ahahahahahahaha :)

c bien cela di :)

dsigna
04-25-2003, 11:38 AM
ben faut nous mettre le wireframe sinon on y croit pas, hein, ooo.. allez hein c´est une photo... allez, bon j´arrete.. superbe ;)

Aeroplane
04-25-2003, 12:46 PM
amazing.....:eek:

stephen2002
04-25-2003, 01:26 PM
It looks great, I wouldn't change anything. It must have taken a long time to render.

nicolo59
04-25-2003, 01:34 PM
yeahhh tomy,
well done

oury
04-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Great style, excellent work!
Luc Martin would be proud of you.

:bounce: HOUSE OF LOVE powa :bounce:

GrandCherub
04-25-2003, 03:30 PM
holy ... :surprised

Thats too good, everything looks so real. The one thing that might reveal the whole thing is the strong ligthining on some of the objetcs. Maybe tune it down?

God i shouldnt tell you anything, thats so beautiful and im nothing.:rolleyes:

oury
04-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Great style, Excellent work !
Luc martin would be proud of you !

:bounce:HOUSE OF LOVE powa:bounce:

ZVAN
04-25-2003, 05:16 PM
gooD MooD! niCE rEndeR stylE! weLLdone!:bounce:

dbach
04-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Libor
At first I though the man is inside of cafe (rubber floor, table etc.), but after longer observation it seems he is outside the building (because of "non flipped" text on the window). Also the lighting wouldnt match indoor...

The man is supposed to be outside the cafe - the curtains are hung inside the cafe, he is on the other side. that makes the text the right way around, however, the text could use some of the dirting up that the windows got.

The-Buzz
04-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Very good work!! :applause:

I like the colors of your scčne, but it's a pity* that all your work with Suppinfocom resembles each other... :shrug:

*(dommage)

akela
04-25-2003, 07:35 PM
I like it very much! so much expresive eyes! :)

FatJoe
04-25-2003, 08:14 PM
Brilliant! :love:

now all he needs is a these thick ~~ mustages :)

Cheers
Joe :airguitar

VFXJ
04-25-2003, 09:54 PM
NIce work. FAcial expession is great only critique is that the jacket seems abit to stiff. it llos moe like cardboard than material. other than that great job.

IkerCLoN
04-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Hey, man! Good work! Did you postproduce it? If it was afirmattive... could you post the original render, please? I want to learn some "look techniques" for giving my renders a better appearance.

Thanks a lot!!!

The Don
04-26-2003, 12:22 AM
This is such an amazing and original piece, well done!

cutepixie
04-26-2003, 05:42 AM
i like the style, the vintage look of it....and it makes me thirsty :p

great work :thumbsup:

reptil
04-26-2003, 11:55 AM
super realiste j imagine que c'est maya ?

thOrNes
04-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Great style, colors, character design i think...
the only thing is the stiffness in the position of the glass in his hand, and maybe your choicez of positioning every object right in the middle, to 'aligned for my taste... but still great work..

Kimosan
04-26-2003, 02:03 PM
I just love it ! Beautiful work of art:buttrock: simply love every little detail in this one......... C`est Magnifique ! :bounce:

tomtom
04-26-2003, 02:24 PM
thank you for all your comments.!
To answer a few questions:
this is a 3dsmax picture with a brazil render ,
and photoshop for sepia and contrasts.
I will work on more details(floor, wine...)I know there is still a lot of bugs on my picture, but I'm a bit busy, as I'm working on a musical comedy short film.

sormann3d
04-26-2003, 02:28 PM
I like it! Good work, and a very interresting style..

kwshipman
04-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by FusionDG
looks great, nice nostalgic sepia appearance.

Couldn’t help but think of this when I saw it:

Cheers! :beer:

Paul

thoes were my first thoughts also, I loved the intro to that show. and the rest of the show too. NORM!!!!:D

great render there. very refreshing to see something different.

lildragon
04-27-2003, 01:30 AM
Very very nice modeling and style, my only crit would be on the blank expression and somewhat boring composition sorry to say, maybe it's just me but with the expression and composition together it could've been better by improving either one or of course both ;). Nice job tho

Please be sure to enter this into Expose http://www.cgtalk.com/expose you definitely have a chance

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Stunning work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_apr03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

vanilla shotgun
05-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Wow! Amazing work! At first I thought it was a photo... I would love som wires on this piece of art :)! :buttrock: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.