PDA

View Full Version : DragonHead

Eldorian
04-14-2002, 10:23 PM
Please take a look at this, I think it's a bit flat, and I want advices to improve it, and remember that I'm a newbie on this...

Eldorian
04-14-2002, 10:55 PM
I know the texture sucks, I don't really know why I chosed it, but now I see that it isn't that great...

Khar_Negt
04-15-2002, 03:25 AM
Try shading it... for now we don't have clue about is mass... it's just a flat draw
Or add some line so we know... like in comics... find your way :)

Cgkoko
04-15-2002, 03:57 PM
You simply should n't use the texturizer because it can't follow the conturs of your dragon.Same thing with your light. I have the impresion that you used bevel on the dragon layer...That just won't do the trick!

Korgath
04-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Yay, a dragon! :bounce:

Define the nostril...

Eldorian
04-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Yes, I won't use the texturizer no more, it really doesn't work the way I want it to. I didn't bevel the dragon, but I agree that it kinda looks like that, maybe it's just practice that's needed...

will defien the nostril....

Dequami
04-16-2002, 01:28 AM
Basically, i think you shouldn't use filters at all, the way it is being used is bad, I think the cg can stand only with out it. maybe more shading and light will increase it's depth but try looking at real images of lizards and whatnot to get a good idea. References are always useful. but stay away from filters. There are ways to use them and get a good effect but they don't necessarily make a cg better.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.