PDA

View Full Version : adapting basic rig

leonlabyk
12-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a decent rig I have set up and would like to use it in lots of different models. My problem is I cannot move the joints to where they need to be though. If I try to move the knee joint down it moves out as well. I assume this is due to the ik it has set to it and wonder if there is a way around this.
Also I heard that with maya 2008 you can transfer weights from one model to another even if the geometry is not the same. If so has anyone tried this and does it save time with regards to the weighting process, as I am sure you would still need to refine what you got.

thanks,

Leon

leonlabyk
12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I have also encountered another problem. I have been weighting a character and combined the left and right side thinking it was complete to use as a wrap deformer. Unfortunately I have discovered some weighting issues but am unable to fix this since I can no longer paint weights on the geometry. Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to need to go back and start from scratch because I stupidly combined the left and right side.

I did try seperating the 2 but the weighting option would still not work.

If anyone has any thoughs or advice on these problems it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,

Leon Labyk

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2007, 08:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.