PDA

View Full Version : please help

ankithbinu
12-30-2007, 12:37 PM
hi to all
first of all i am wishing u a very happy new year to all , my name is bimal and i am working as dynamics artist for 1 year , now i am looking in 3d lighting also , i like 3d lighting a lot , but i dont know the correct pipeline for doing in films , can anyone please tell me so that i can get more involved in lighting ,

waiting for reply

bimal

Kel Solaar
01-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow thats really a "blurrrred" question :) Can you be more specific on what do you want?

sacslacker
01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I would definintely recommend this book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0321316312/3drendercomA/

I personally feel that it's one of the best out there. Get that book and try to keep a keen eye to how light affects the world around you and you'll be on your way.

I'm not sure about pipeline advice because I'm sure studios all have their own way of doing things and in some cases have their own lighting pipelines. The book I recommend is a great resource for lighting and keeps things fairly platform agnostic which is exactly how this subject should be learned I think.

-B

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.