12-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi guys, this is the latest works that I can show you..enjoy :bounce:

Skater
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/223/skaterlowpolyzq1.jpg

Stalker

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9577/stalkerlowpolygm9.jpg

Antrre Dalla
12-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Wow, got some quality work there, looks pretty solid.

One thing that bugs me is the stalkers' hand, between the thumb and finger, the thumb looks too thin at the base while it's neighbour looks too thick (front view).

iLegacy
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice design of the skater.

The Stalker rocks the shit!

VladCostin
01-07-2008, 06:15 AM
thanx for comments and crits))

iSOBigD
01-07-2008, 03:37 PM
They both look great but I think you're using a ton of polygons for the Skater. 25000 for a generic human model is way, way too much. You could cut that in half and still keep it looking good. This is just so that in a game, the "bigger" or boss characters wouldn't use hundreds of thousands of polygons.

VladCostin
01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey man, its not 25000 polys, its 10300 triangles:)

sophistry
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Really great (and kinda gross!) work. proportion and volume are fantastic. I only have a few tiny, stupid crits.

On the skater, is there some edge normal issue on where the right deltoid connects to the bicep/tricep? Something weird going on there in the Normal Map test. Also, his turkey-neck seems kind of out of place, considering how muscular his arms and legs are. Maybe that extra bloat is intended, but he might do better with more of a 'deflated' turkey-neck, or a smaller one.

Stalker looks really good, though high-poly. Maybe this is for cinematics, in which case it wouldn't matter as much. Is a stalker supposed to have giant metal-looking boots? Seems to contradict his title. I would expect softer shoes for a quieter approach. That's just me though.

VladCostin
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Really great (and kinda gross!) work. proportion and volume are fantastic. I only have a few tiny, stupid crits.

On the skater, is there some edge normal issue on where the right deltoid connects to the bicep/tricep? Something weird going on there in the Normal Map test. Also, his turkey-neck seems kind of out of place, considering how muscular his arms and legs are. Maybe that extra bloat is intended, but he might do better with more of a 'deflated' turkey-neck, or a smaller one.

Stalker looks really good, though high-poly. Maybe this is for cinematics, in which case it wouldn't matter as much. Is a stalker supposed to have giant metal-looking boots? Seems to contradict his title. I would expect softer shoes for a quieter approach. That's just me though.

on that deltoid, there is a seam!! thats why there is a little weird thing))
About anything else I can say that I made them how I wanted they to look like:)

Thanx for comment :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.