PDA

View Full Version : Particle flow jobs?

Billabong
12-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I was considering trying to get hardcore into PFlow, I have been playing around with it and have really enjoyed it so far. My questions is, I have been doing searches for actual jobs to see what was offered in this field and I came across nothing and I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what kind of jobs are offered in this field and where and also where to look. Thanks for any help

Brandon

Bobo
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I was considering trying to get hardcore into PFlow, I have been playing around with it and have really enjoyed it so far. My questions is, I have been doing searches for actual jobs to see what was offered in this field and I came across nothing and I was just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what kind of jobs are offered in this field and where and also where to look. Thanks for any help

Brandon

It is unlikely to see a job description containing PFlow in it. My job description does not contain "PFlow" either, but I have used it on almost every project we have worked on.

In general, visual effects work often requires particle work, in which case you have the choice between PFlow+Extensions and Thinking Particles. Most employers might not care about thew difference, they care about the final result. PFlow is part of Max like the Skin modifier or the Editable Poly object, you would not expect job descriptions to ask for "good knowledge of the Skin Modifier" either ;)
Becoming proficient in it is a good idea if you intend to do effects work for commercials or movies.

Billabong
12-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Thank you Bobo for replying, the only reason I asked is a lot of times in Cinema 4D jobs, I have seen compnaies stating they want someone experienced with TP, which is why I thought it would be the same with Pflow, my mistake and thank you again

entrancea
12-30-2007, 04:08 AM
Lots of companies post jobs like wanted in FX or VFX department or so and also many a times they state the software proficiencies required from the individual...heres a site from where you can get info on different studios and the jobs they offer....

http://www.deneroff.com/StudioLinks.htm

Regards,
Entrancea

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2007, 04:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.