PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Babe - 'mild Nudity', Anthony (2D)

Anthony
04-23-2003, 07:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/535/viljeera5_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/535/viljeera5.jpg)

Hey guys, I worked this from a loose pencil figure sketch by a fella I might be doing a graphic novel comic thing with(go Chru!). He's a great guy, and I suspect he has a long happy future. :)

Mostly done as an exercise in rendering skin, comments, crits, whatever always warmly welcomed. I've been having fun with this one, everyone has something different they don't like about it. :beer:
Updated Image-

Oh, and I'm always looking for more freelance work- 2d, 3d, or anywhere in between. :]

bumskee
04-23-2003, 07:55 AM
wow....fairy tale kind of fairy...
nice work with the brush, bright and energetic feel to it.
althought the hair does look a bit like a plastic pipe.

and i dun think anyone will find this one offensive, i didn't

iBlue
04-23-2003, 07:10 PM
now THAT diserves a plug :D

love it!

sethmisek
04-23-2003, 11:44 PM
stylin' :thumbsup:

Jeebus
04-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I think my favorite thing about this one is her facial expression. The eyes combined with the slightly upturned mouth really gives off a great playfull expression.

pabbloz
04-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Lovely wings and background colors! :thumbsup:
and She is very... :beer:

Anthony
04-24-2003, 02:41 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the comments!

bumskee - is the hair better now?

sethmisek - Thanks!

Jeebus - Cool, I like her face too, almost animalistic

pabbloz - Gracias :)

typeA
04-24-2003, 06:14 AM
so ,clean nudity=no bush?....:D ..nice image

glennn
04-24-2003, 07:30 AM
I am having difficulty finding your image ..
It wont display ...
: (

bumskee
04-24-2003, 08:04 AM
yo!
Sick!!
now she's even more beautiful!!
there's something mystical about the image, i can't point out, i think that makes it so nice!

keep up the nice work mate!

Euris
04-24-2003, 10:00 AM
wow~Brilliant..
very nice work!:thumbsup:

Chappo
04-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Hey, very nice picture :)

but are her legs/knee normal ??
Looks twisted :)

ZVAN
04-24-2003, 11:19 AM
The whoLE thIng iS GoOD! deSeRvEs thE froNT paGe, buT i thInK thE haiR on toP is a liL ouT,it's not that it is out of proportion, maybe u shouldn't put it that way..... and the feet below the outline shadows, colour not correct.. but the overall is good! lil flaw doesn't matter, almost perfect!

GlasS-
04-24-2003, 11:55 AM
could you do some freelance work with 2.5d? O_O
(you said anything in between)

Spozzfreund
04-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Beautiful! :love:

BnE
04-24-2003, 12:26 PM
really great colors i love her.... :)

khaleghi
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
It`s very nice and wonderful like an angel of paradise.:bowdown:
good job at least.:thumbsup:

arungowtham
04-24-2003, 12:27 PM
wow! she is really a sexy fairy,

arungowtham.

cutepixie
04-24-2003, 12:31 PM
from one fairy to another.....EXCELLENTIE :thumbsup:

richd
04-24-2003, 12:47 PM
that is fairy, very good. it would look great if u added some fairy dust around her.

goodlag
04-24-2003, 12:54 PM
sweet
lovely color nice work:drool:

Bytehawk
04-24-2003, 12:59 PM
great use of colour
great composition

one thing though
there's something illogical about the hair
follow the hair from the head
it is behind the wings at the shoulders
and then suddenly it is in front of the wings (at the hips)
is there a hole in the wings to get the hair through ?

nalhcal
04-24-2003, 01:54 PM
I like the skin tones, the whole colour scheme of the picture is very nice. :)

Milho
04-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Great :love:

The lighting on her "mild nudities" is awsome! :thumbsup:

Is-boset
04-24-2003, 02:09 PM
i love the ligths, looks good

cgtalkmember
04-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Yum. Yum very very nice done:thumbsup:

aurora
04-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Fantastic, If this was an experiment in skin rendering I think it was successful. It is all absolutely beautiful. The only comment I have is the eyes look brilliantly detached due to the contrast between the eyes and the rest of the face. But I don't think that this is a bad thing. It draws me right in and if the eyes are the windows to the soul and shes an angel then I'm in heaven. :applause:

soulage
04-24-2003, 02:49 PM
:buttrock:

Maximus Groff
04-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah... is she available ? :love:

Garma
04-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Cool.. love the colors and the way they are used.

angel-o-polis
04-24-2003, 04:33 PM
woooow!! i love that fairy, but the color of the hair dont likes me, shes blond. maybe a blue hair works best!!! :thumbsup: i really likes your image
:applause:

jayjun
04-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Nice! Reminds me of mid-50s coke ads.

Would love it more if the hair wasn't one long "tentacle" but more dispersed and "flared-out".

Derlaine
04-24-2003, 05:18 PM
deleted text because i can't delete the post

asparapani
04-24-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey VERY sexy chicken!:eek: :eek:

Cooper
04-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Heya Bud, Like I always say, I think yer work is badass.

-RyanCADP<cooper>:beer:

dbach
04-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Nicely done. The colors are very good, as is the pose. However the hair does look strange I think because there is no large strands seperate from the main length of hair, also she has a monster left calf.

my 2 cents

Out,
Don

rayz
04-24-2003, 07:14 PM
I like the way you made the eyes its soo beautiful :beer:

Anthony
04-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey, what a great response guys - I'm really very happy you all got enjoyment from the piece. :beer: And thanks mucho to whoever plugged me on the front page- something on the front of CGTalk that includes the word "nudity' ?? This is gonna be busy ;]

To the very helpful critiques!
On the eyes, I left them dark because I wanted to make sure they attracted as much attention as the naughty bits - otherwise I feared they'd get overshadowed. On the hair, I agree - I tried cutting it short, and splaying it, but then she was more indecent than I was willing to allow, so in the end I just left it. Her calves/thighs/hips are pretty big when you remove the hair - try it and see! They're frickin' huge! Maybe she can't fly, she's just really good at jumping? :bounce: Oh, and there are 4 wings, which is how the hair gets through there(its thin by the time its down that far).

Thanks Ryan! I'm going out of town for a couple days, I'll talk to ya when I get back

9th Legion
04-24-2003, 07:30 PM
Auch, that's some amazing artwork. A few comments though, since you're asking for it:p :

- Maybe you could remove the lines at her toes. It's not ugly, but since the feet are somewhat fades, those lines look kind of strange.

- Her hair indeed looks a bit like a twisted cone. I adore the way you detailed it, but all the hair is in just one line of hair (sorry i don't have a clue how to phraise this in englisch). isn't there a single stroke of hair choosing it's own direction instead of joining with the rest? Or does she uses hairgel? ;)

- Never seen a fairy with mascara, thogh it looks nice :)

Don't take the comments as an offence, because i love the picture. I couldn't do that:scream: , but since u were asking for it, there you are :D :D . This were only some slight modifications i would have made.

Keep it up, that's really some amazing work!!!

gigatron
04-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Heh I guess you got inspired by the hacked NVIDIA buttfly lady ;)

JonC
04-24-2003, 09:47 PM
it's beautifull!
her eyes look a bit like Nicole Kidman.

hanzo
04-24-2003, 09:49 PM
BBB-B-B-B-BAD to the bone!

Le sssexy!

danRod
04-24-2003, 09:55 PM
I really love the style, its like a bit of Joe Madd and vallejo/borris style to it.........F*%&en Bad A$$.....Keep it up man!!!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

foodi
04-24-2003, 10:04 PM
very very cool

great use of color palette

excelletn pose.. just perfect.. proportions as well.

hm.. i just think the eyes are too dark/sharp compared to rest of the image..
i would have liked to see more shadowplay on her face, like on her body

and also the hair could be much more reallistic.. much more wavy and with more nuances of color.. it looks too unnatural all clumped together that way

maybe more spread out like this
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=53126

also i find it just a little strange how the entire hair strand starts off behind the upper wings, then snakes its way between the wings, so thats its infront of the lower wings..

seems that would get in the way of flight perhaps??

great work anywya! :cool:

Nummos
04-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Excellent job!

I am still trying to achive this level with my digital painting skills...great time and effort.

One crit. though.

Her head, I understand the 1/3 off set measurements and the downward angle revealing her left sight with slight variations of the neck and upper head showing..but I would like to see what the piece would look like if you clipped some of her left face.

To me the quarter turn is showing to much, taking away from the beautiful symmetry throughout the rest of piece.

To me Color detail matter, but "theoretical" geometric foundations on paper matter a whole lot more.

You are professional...no?:cool: :applause: :airguitar

lildragon
04-24-2003, 11:20 PM
I have nothing to add really, everything has been said, so I'll just echo it :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Inspiring work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_apr03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

akela
04-24-2003, 11:25 PM
I simply find this picture amazing! I liked very much the color tones given to the skin and the illumination given to the breast (very nice volumetry, even with the difference between right and left). There's something strange on the hairline, and the hair as a whole, not solved with the details added. It doesn't bother me the "not completed drawing" feet finish.
It's a beautiful picture, and the atraction goes to the upper part of the body and the nicely done face.
Great!! :)

AJE
04-25-2003, 12:07 AM
The hairline is really my only crit... she is to be looking down a bit, with her head angled to the side, yet the hairline doesn't necessarily follow...

Her widow's peak seems a bit off centre and maybe a bit too high on the left side(her right)...

The body is fantastic... great form, color and shading.

AJE

bigquix
04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Really perfect .
Congratulations , my friend
Her body is just like real !!:applause:
I hope some day I visit you

(big quix)

Khannalxy'tys
04-25-2003, 01:19 AM
wow very nice!

btw: Winter Park.... FullSail per chance?

JDShaffer
04-25-2003, 01:25 AM
I really like your picture. The tones and shading on the woman / fairie are very very well done! I like the color choices. She looks absolutely perfect!

But I wonder about her wings. They are so LESS detailed than she is. Are they a part of her? Perhaps a bit more shading on the wings to bring out their shape or overall texture... right now they look like pastel "plastic wrap". Are they veined like a dragonfly's wings? Are the edges thick?

Perhaps just a touch more definition / shading on the wings and they'll look like more of a part of her, since she's so fantastic!

Cheers,

Jds

PS -- Wish I had a project to hire you for!:wavey:

Anthony
04-25-2003, 06:24 AM
Wow, thanks so much guys! It's really very surprising that I received a Choice Award, so many thanks Tito! :eek: All the critiques are very correct, and thanks so much for them-I'll learn from them and apply on the next piece. Just for the record, Chru has told me that someone else did the original rough figure sketch-but I dunno who! So props to whoever that was! :) And also for the record, several people have asked me if I was inspired by the NVidia fairy, and nope, hadn't seen it before. :] Besides, mine is prettier hehe :D

PS: I know people from Fullsail, but I'm mostly self taught, except for the wonderful lessons I've received online from generous expert artists!

rochus
04-25-2003, 01:09 PM
wow, looks great, not to say fantastic :) i like it a lot!

Carlocki
04-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Beautiful!

JahnkeKong
04-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Her face reminds me of Nicole Kidman, was she partially an inspiration/unknowing model for this?

edit: oh also

I think her hair is great, the background reminds me of Frazetta and the expression is fabulous. I like it so much because its very sensual but a lot of personality, not just "blah look at the boobies" kinda pinup pic, but very artistic.

Anthony
04-26-2003, 12:22 AM
Broodingwolf - Thanks so much, its great that you enjoyed the image. Nicole wasn't a model(no one was really) for the pic, but if my fairy looks a bit like her, then that's a wonderful compliment for my fairy. :]

pabbloz
04-26-2003, 12:30 AM
hum.... I think she would be nicer with short hair... :beer:

lebada
04-26-2003, 11:46 PM
haba...haba...umba...haba...niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

good job...what did u use?:drool: :love:

hanzo
04-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Don't change the hair it's buetiful! :thumbsup:

*hanzo smacks pabbloz upside the head! jk
leave it man she's stunning and natural this way!

reptil
04-28-2003, 05:35 PM
gooooooooooood very great painting :drool:

Vinícius
04-30-2003, 05:30 AM
A philosophical comment: :lightbulb

Why do not paint nude people as nature dispose?

The classical painters had the same decency in hide the genitals just like you: a twenty-one-century man!

Don't fight it! Feel it! Doesn't drawing the whole body just for the kids sake; fear of the infamous censorship; or absence of real nudity experience? he... it's not funny.

Let's make more beautiful paintings like your pretty fairy, but don't transfer the old and rotten morality inherited from our square parents.

Full nudity, full beauty, full freedom.

hanzo
05-01-2003, 02:46 AM
Vinícius: A philosophical comment :lightbulb by me!

If the guy wants to stick to the old moral ways a twenty-one-century man painting, then let him...

besides the classicness of what he did adds to the overal
look personaly I like it for it's twenty-one-century nude
painting morality..

it's a buetiful nude painting of a hot chick
not just some sl%&*ty picture...:surprised

BluePhoenix
05-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Nice work dude, keep it up.

Intonater
06-12-2003, 07:03 AM
Wonderful color!!!:love: :drool: :applause:

naska
06-12-2003, 10:26 AM
This is a very pretty piece that's nicely painted as well! I was curious as to what you used to reference the figure...would you give us a quick step-by-step? Thankies! ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.