PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Digitizer II Help

Reyes
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
in desperate need of help fast as i return to Cambridge next tuesday and need to setup new pc (Dell XPS 420+Vista Ultimate)

Just got a new pc and have 2 questions-
1.New pc does not have serial ports but lots of USB,My art tablet only has serial,do i need a serial to usb connector?
2.New pc has Vista Ultimate can anyone post where i can get the right drivers for tablet to run properly?

THe Art Tablet is a Wacom Digitizer 2 Model-UD 1212 R
New pc is Dell XPS 420 with Vista Ultimate

My old pc had XP and i connected tablet with serial at back

MK2
12-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Well USB to Serial ... iam sure a connector or something like that exists. But wont be cheap.
Iam sure you will find a new tablet faster than such a connector :) Which is probably a special thing.
Maybe it is time for you to buy a new tablet or you clean-up your old PC and use it for painting only until you have the money to buy a new USB tablet.

gsokol
12-31-2007, 05:15 AM
As far as the driver goes, just go to wacom's website, and im sure they have all the latest drivers there for you. I had to go there to get vista driver's for my intuos 3.

anoon
12-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Are you running 64bit flavors of the OS? If so, that old tablet won't run, even if you do find something like a serial to USB adapter, apparently.

I upgraded to XP64bit and discovered as much whentrying to install my old Wacom Art Z II. Ended up having to uograde to an Intuos 3

CGTalk Moderation
12-31-2007, 06:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.