PDA

View Full Version : Dialogue sample

mortonomous
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey,

Here's a short clip of some dialogue between two of the characters in a project I'm working on. I'd be interested to hear any comments you have on it!

http://www.mortonomous.com/trailers/

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey that's pretty cool and the mouth shapes seems to be just about spot on. Did you create the characters in Flash?

What you have right now seems good. I guess you could always go back and work on the character that doesnt have the most lines. I'd proabably show a little more reaction to the dog by animating the eye brows on the guy some more. It may help to make the character feel more real by showing he is responding emotionally to the conversation.

The male character really doesnt start moving his brows until the dog says "X marks the spot"...that's more than half way through. Up to this point, the character is just eye blinking.

Nice work though.

mortonomous
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, more emotion from the characters would be good. This is the first drawing/animation I've ever worked on so I need these kinds of tips from people that have been doing it for a little longer than I have!

I did the background for the animation in ArtRage and the characters/animation in Anime Studio Pro. It's going to be about 3:30 in length once it's done.

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.