PDA

View Full Version : test WIP

cilvento
12-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I am starting a new piece for my reel and would like to get any intitial comments/suggestions. It is still in rough layout/blocking.

Thank you in advance for your time.

http://www.cilvento.com/11_sec_club/creature_attack.mov

Kid-Mesh
12-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Very interesting. Nice staging too.

Your blocking stage looks good man. It will definitely be a lot easier to critique the overall animation as you begin to polish it. Like I stated earlier, the staging seems to work and it looks your initial timing is working as well.

Fun stuff, I'd love to see more....keep us posted.

cilvento
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you Kid-Mesh for your comment.

I am continuing to press forward on this shot. I've done some breakdowns for the first 3 shots I also added the creature scream. I want to finish up the breakdowns for the other 3 shots by this Sunday (1/6). Then I am going to go back and address some of the problematic areas. So far I a very pleased with the outcome and I am looking forward to add this to my reel.

Any other comments/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Creature Attack (http://www.cilvento.com/11_sec_club/blocking_003-Desktop.mov)

-cheers

thehive
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
great stuff, but i would like to see him jerk then get yanked into the dark jus to make a tad more dramatic. other than that very cool

cilvento
01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks thehive for your comment. I am still working on that pull at the end. I finished the breakdowns for the last 3 shots. I made some adjustment in the overall length and changed the startled pose in the beginning around frame 140. I am interesting in hearing if you think that is a stronger pose or more interesting than the first one I had in there. I still have to blocking in the creature. I think his arms stretch a little too far on frame 767, I need to adjust that.

I was thinking about adding a few more steps backwards firing his gun at the creature before he falls on shot 5 around frame 688. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So for next Sunday I am planning to have all of these issues addressed and possible start doing some inbetweens.

Creature attack (http://www.cilvento.com/11_sec_club/blocking_006.mov)

Thanks for watching

lime324
01-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Woohoo.. this is awesome man! I like it a lot!
About his pose on fr133, I think it's a bit awkward, it feels like he scared of something rather than panic/shock. I like the idea of the monster passing behind him, then he turn around, bout fr380, it give the audience a hint bout something goin' on around there. On fr640, you can make his eyes look to left first then the head follows. Fr730, I think its better if you keep the shocked expression instead the angry one.

About firing his gun, yeah, I think it'll work. He's a soldier after all, right?
And there's a flickering blue screen on your render, do you notice that?

Well. this is great stuff, can't wait to see the update!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

cilvento
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Ok so it has been a little while since my last reply. Thank you to everyone that has posted comments thus far.

I have uploaded the first spline pass of the first shot. It is by far complete at this point, much more work is needed. I can point out 101 problems with it, I am hoping that someone else can point out the other 200 that I am missing.

Here is the list I have going now feel free to add to it:
47 elbow moves too much

vary the timing on the hand when he swatting away fly

hand eases in to much when it lands on his stomach

169 left hand fingers intersect table

frame 177 make sure the toe hits the ground first then the heel same with left foot

198 switch right arm to fk (I prefer FK over IK) hand looks and feels floaty until he gets his hand on the gun

202-210 work out the left hand grabbing the gun it is not working right now to jerky should be smoother make sure it looks like he is grabbing the gun. Fingers should open and adjust on the gun

258-287 picking up the gun needs to be worked out better. Right now there is no weight on the gun it is very floaty and he does seem to be lifting it as much as the gun is moving on its own. Drag gun a bit more

As always your comments/suggestion are greatly apprecited.

Creature Attack (http://www.cilvento.com/11_sec_club/blocking_007_shot_1.mov)

-cheers,

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.