PDA

View Full Version : Starting a web and graphics design studio

gh0st
04-23-2003, 02:20 AM
I know these type of topics get thrown around these forums quite a bit, about starting a cg design studio etc. But I was just wondering if anyone is willing to team up and collaborate in an internet studio for web and graphics design. I think it would be quite interesting to see how far we get. Any opinions, comments, questions?

singularity2006
04-23-2003, 03:19 AM
hey buddy. I wouldn't mind. My skills are a bit limited though.... HTML and photoshop only (school kept me from going in depth with anything else). Give me an email if you think you may want to include me in your group. Check out my site and make your decision based on that. All the nfo in the CGTalk buttons....

earthworm
04-23-2003, 06:30 AM
i wouldnt mind that either!!:wavey: :beer:

polymath
04-23-2003, 06:07 PM
3dkingdom.org has a nice tutorial on network rendering thru the net which would help ;)

singularity2006
04-23-2003, 06:49 PM
didjo0 say "network rendering through the web" ... ??? you mean like, something like SETI@Home where it uses grid computing???? no waaaay.... =DDDD

polymath
04-24-2003, 01:48 AM
like creating a network session as if the computer across the planet was right next to you...

unLevel
04-24-2003, 12:05 PM
really, that looks like something I'd sure like to investigate, might be that "online rendering solution"

waterhycinth
04-24-2003, 02:26 PM
I am willing to help although my skills are somewhat limited too. I can do some simple flash animations but I'm not soo hot with them. I do know html and that's my strongest point right now. Also, I'm not sure how much I can dedicate to this project since I have school and more stuff, but I will try.:applause:

gh0st
04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Well were going to need a team a cg modelers, graphics designers, web designers, and some photographers. If you guys are interested we can get something started.

wiemer
04-25-2003, 09:15 AM
sounds like a good idea, count me in.
you can view my webportfolio at: www.dvotion.tv

skills: 3d, design, (d)html, php, mysql, flash (actionscript)

gr. Dennis

waterhycinth
04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
wow...that's impressive... too advanced for me though...hehe... good job there :applause:

lebada
04-26-2003, 12:38 AM
it depends if u need mostly pro's or some newbs, some pro's...i'm "okay" in 3ds max and illustrator, i worked with flash before and its actionscript but i forgot most of it..lol..and basically i learn as i go...i'll join in if this gets off the ground somehow:bounce:

rikrog
04-30-2003, 01:24 PM
I am interested
here's my wee portfolio >
www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog (http://www.homepage.mac.com/rikrog)

blindsleeper
05-01-2003, 08:21 AM
eh im not the best modeller in the world but if you need me to model something id be willing to try

Awesome Possum
05-09-2003, 06:06 PM
You can count me in too. I have a very solid knowledge of Flash and web design. I was working for a web design company called CorEmotions for about a year, but now i am on my own and lookin for ways to increase my skills. I am also skilled in modelling so please email me you start to put something together.:beer:
Thanks

Windex
05-18-2003, 11:48 PM
... *sigh ...

i wish the best for all you ppl, BUT if you want to team up with someone, and dedicate your time (long hours/maybe?) , and try to actually achieve a goal, it is not enough just to say "HEH... I WOULDN'T MIND" what the EFF??? if you want it , then go for it, post what softwares you know, how much experience you have, in this case whether or not you know ANYTHING at all about graphic design, etc.

why are some people sooo dead.. (by dead i mean NOT excited) and if you wanna take that as an insult then i'm sorry cuz you'll never get anywhere in life just cuz you didn't like what some guy (me) typed sitting behind his comp. , if you really DO care, then reply and clarify WHERE ur coming from, and why i'm wrong

unLevel
05-19-2003, 01:11 AM
so, you decided to make your 18th post count and chew us out for.....still a bit fuzzy on that...

I think we had a goal "to build a graphics studio" which I'm guessing will have some freelance work to do, so then that would be our goal..

Oh, and we're not dead (whether alive with excitement or beer) we're just being respectfull and waiting on word(s) from the thread-starter, as is customary among professionals...

And no, I DON'T like what you've typed, especially the part

"if you wanna take that as an insult then i'm sorry cuz you'll never get anywhere in life just cuz you didn't like what some guy (me) typed sitting behind his comp"

Oh, and yeah, I expect to get somewhere in life, and whether I like what you say or not will have no effect on where I go.

do0d
05-19-2003, 04:42 AM
I think the people in this group dont have to answer to you windex, or to anyone. It was their choice to join in this project, and it's up to them to do what they wanna do. They dont have to live up to your expectations since it's not your project.

I agree with unlevel, people here will get somewhere. Whether "dead" or not. it's just a matter of choice.

rikrog
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
erm.. i know something about graphic design. does that make me not dead?...

such professionalism!

unLevel
05-19-2003, 11:12 AM
So....where IS mr. threadstarter?

should we come up with a name and our first project be a site/forums?

or just wait on ghost?

waterhycinth
05-19-2003, 12:37 PM
I think that we could possibly start on a site and forum and find a host first of all.....just a suggestion...

blindsleeper
05-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Im still in for it if im needed/wanted

KOKE
05-19-2003, 08:54 PM
If this get going, i might be interested

I have some experience with photoshop , 3d max, flash, dreamweaver, freehand etc...... but I just hate programming 4 the web, so dont expect me to do it if we start something.

lets see how it goes.

:D

unLevel
05-19-2003, 09:17 PM
you guys know what would be cool?

forget "graphics studio" that'll have waaay too many legal technicalities if we start making real money and such

let's start an art group, ya know what they do?

they release "chapters": wallpapers, I guess we could release models, and I could write some "inspirational stuff" for some of the wallpapers, and we could release free webtemplates

dunno, I'm not the thread starter, though I think an art group would be way more fun, and less "commercial" and we could learn to develop our own styles, eh?

KOKE
05-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Im in with that!!!

Thats a great idea

:bounce: :bounce: :buttrock:

but the original post was for an art studio, so maybe we should create a new thread for it.

unLevel
05-19-2003, 09:40 PM
well, if we had a super-awesome name, we could start a new thread...

I'll start one or you can, but I have no idea what to put there!:scream:

KOKE
05-19-2003, 09:50 PM
its done, I created a new thread

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.