PDA

View Full Version : where to go first with cg/digital compositing

halogenic139
04-23-2003, 01:17 AM
ok, i have been working with cg for awhile now, and i am interested in bringing it into live video. i have after effects, and have done a little composting before, but that was awhile ago and i was using adobe premiere (which i soon figured out wasn't powerfull enough).

i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a tutorial or something similar on the internet that could help get me started.

im interested in learning camera matching, and anything that goes into putting some cg into live video or vice versa and make it look real.

i've already done some compositing within 3ds max (the program i use), where i build the scene digitally with matte materials and that works ok, but not for moving video and the kind of stuff i want to get into.

thanks very much,

halogenic

izzylong
04-23-2003, 02:15 AM
You could check out www.simplymaya.com

I have some compositing video tutorials there.

Some are free, some are not:)

Enjoy!

dmeyer
04-23-2003, 03:41 AM
If you're really serious about learning compositing theory then get Ron Brinkman's seminal "Art and Science of Digital Compositing." It'll begin to teach you how to composite rather than operate software.

If you're wanting something "quick n dirty" and you've got AE, look into any of Trish and Chris Meyer's books.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.