View Full Version : Frankie boy

MikkoK
04-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Here's my uncle Frankie, what a nice old fellow he is! :love:

http://www.draconus.com/mikko/frankie_small.jpg

Just kidding :p

megra
04-23-2003, 02:17 AM
lol i dunno, he looks rather kindly to me:P a bit beat up maybe . . .

my one complaint is composition. that image could stand to be cropped quite a bit.

MikkoK
04-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Yeah definitely. Thanks for the point. Now it should be better.

More C&C!

WonderWolf Drew
04-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Nope. Sorry, I don't agree with you megra. You may have done this without thinking - and I don't want to sound like a pretentious tw*t but the surrounding space frames more than the portrait, it frames the character. Frank was a tragic lonely guy. That the picture shows the space arround him is a good point to make, I think. The composition is better for the space if you ask me.
Which you didn't.
So I'll shut up. :rolleyes:

Great pic!

WW

MikkoK
04-24-2003, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the opinion!

I'm not sure if you got it though, that I actually cropped the image a bit. The first version megra saw was too large in space around the character (at least like this - with no background).

More comments, anything! ;)

charlie brown
04-24-2003, 02:25 AM
hey mikkos back,
u seem to be tightening your stuff. Id still like to see some more studies of various scenes and anatomy and sketches/speed paint stuff from you, coz your stuff always seems to have flashes of brilliance, this included. keep going man!

MikkoK
04-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks charlie! :)

I've been too busy to draw and paint much lately, but I will surely post whatever I get done.

My stuff is not really tightening, but my approach varies a lot with each picture so they're mainly technique studies to find out what works for me. I always aim to complete them in one sitting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.