PDA

View Full Version : Asking for quick reply hack.

Kotayus
04-22-2003, 10:50 PM
Just a suggestion: The quick reply hack for VB is a nice tool. I post on another forum and it is quite usefull, for those who havent seen it, there is just a box at the bottom of the last reply of the thread...and you type there and hit the provided submit button, it doesnt display the smileys, or any other code, but just for a **quick reply** it works great. Just a suggestion.:applause:

EDIT: This hack doesnt interfere with regular posting, it just skips the reply page loading (if you choose). This in the long run, might save a little bandwidth for the server CGTalk is on..as i have on many occasions gotten a "SERVER TO BUSY" response...its a whole page it doesnt have to load...and even if small %age used it, it would save, that much more. :thumbsup:

leigh
04-22-2003, 11:09 PM
We don't do any hacks to the software here, because it means that you can't get upgrades :)

Kotayus
04-22-2003, 11:13 PM
oh...i wasnt aware...i thought it was offered at Jelsofts website, but i could be wrong. Thanks for the quick response Leigh

ACIDman_BC
05-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah .. It would be very cool..

But I thought vB has such a function..

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.