PDA

View Full Version : particle flow and random wlak

Debneyink
12-25-2007, 09:45 PM
does any one else have this problem?...
when using random walk with the old particle systems such as blizzard it works correctly, but when I bring in randomwalk to work as a force within particle flow, it doesnt behave properly.
Its as though its strength is too much or the scaling is wrong or something??
I've even set up a scene with a blizzard next to a particle flow and linked the same particle flow to each and have had completly different results?.
I'm wondering whether im missing soemthing here?...
...I recall a tutorial (could have been an alan mckay) with random walk in particle flow and seeing attributes that don't appear when using it with the force tab taken from the depot? did he get get that randomwlak form somewhere else??
A mystery to me...can anyone put my mind at ease? perhaps throw me a simple particle flow setup with random walk???

OlegB
12-25-2007, 10:54 PM
The default value of the Influence parameter in the Force operator in Particle Flow is 1000 %. When using Random Walk, you can set it up as 100 % to be on par with the effect on the legacy particle systems.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Debneyink
12-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi tried that doesnt solve it in my scene! ive created a simple scene file for you to take a look at if youd like?

OlegB
12-27-2007, 03:34 PM
If you can repeat your question at the Orbaz forum (with the file download link), I can look it up. Please don't forget to mention the 3ds Max version that was used to create the scene file.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2007, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.