PDA

View Full Version : Shake questions

andre_alder
04-22-2003, 08:45 PM
Hello,

well, I am a shake newbie and I woul like to take off some doubts:

a) When I import one or more images and then I create a "layer" node (even several layers) or "over" node, the relation among these images change as a Combustion's or After effects blend mode Screen.
Is that normal? If not, how do i resolve that, to work with the original imagens the way they really were?

b) When I import a image with aplha the transparency is not kept, staying a "white" in a place of the alpha. When i import this same image into Combustion or After Effects the image keep its unaffected transparency.
How can I solve that problem?

Thanx in advance,
Andre

young_william
05-06-2003, 01:32 AM
hi

question a:
that could be because there is no alpha channel, on the image. i have only seen that hapen when i dont have an alpha channel. shake doesn't really do anything by default like combustion does so you have to tell it what to do. depending on the type of image, like with 3d stuff, the premultipy button in the over nodes tab may fix the poblem.

b:
i'm not shure about this one, i know that if you hit the 'auto-alpha button' in the images perameters tab it will dump the images built in alpha and put a solid white alpha. this button is good for putting on solid matte for the background plate cause if there is no alpha built in sometimes it will be transperant.

hope this helps. oh and don't get discouraged with shake, its complicated at first but is cool once you know how the tools work, im still relativly new to this thing, barely a year now, but i started learning on mostly with shake and i really like it.

rob

Youth
08-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi!!

I don't understand the alpha in Shake! :(

I can do in Photoshop but in shake no... So a want to make 2 layer in the firs a background and in the second the image what have alpha channel... Bu8t how to make it??? i don't know..

This is a picture for the problem:

http://www.redrival.com/Youth3d/Shake/shake01.jpg

Thanks!

beaker
08-15-2003, 09:51 PM
First, please start a new thread, don't hijack an old one.

For your question. Try just putting a layer node between the two and feed the alpha into the layer. I'm still a little lost on what your trying to do.

Try going over the tutorials that come with shake first. They explain alot of the basics in the beginner and intermediate tuts.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.