PDA

View Full Version : matrix reloaded effect

boomji
04-22-2003, 06:34 PM
hi,
just wanted to hear some thaughts on how they might have achieved all that code formation over keanu in their new trailer.

i dont want to go 3d...yettt.So any tips in post.

i'm thinking:
1) make my code(numbers,gibberish) in afx or combustion(matrix falls-particles).

2)use my footage(desired live action) to track the code's matte.

3)fiddle around with overlay or similar blending modes.

i havent got very spectacular results, even dabbled with a displacement operator...no cigar :annoyed:

u guys dont think they might have gone 3d on this one ???

any way let me know what u guys think k.

thanx
b

beaker
04-22-2003, 07:35 PM
What about doing an animated movie of the matrix downward falling particles. Then take a plane and displace the crap out of it with the moving image of the person putting on the glasses. Map the falling particles as a texture. Then render and layer it over the real image in the compositor.

boomji
04-22-2003, 08:23 PM
heya,
that was what i was going to do as a last resort...but as far as possible i dont want to go 3d.We were just messing around in the office and this was one of our mini duels...go post or go bust :scream: .It kind of trains us to SEE something for what it is(paint what u see)...any way i'm a lousy artist :p .
will post something if it's worthwhile though...duh, ya sure ;)

b

marci2001
04-28-2003, 08:25 AM
mask, luma, blur, add, get, put, shot, fight, kill, mask, mask, mask
:lightbulb
M

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.