PDA

View Full Version : Platforming Ninja

Blekdar
12-23-2007, 06:57 PM
This is an animation I've been slowly working on for way too long. I want to finish it soon, so any comments or critiques you guys could give before I do the final render would be great.

Platforming Ninja (http://reecekelly.wordpress.com/files/2007/12/obsticle_course_v07.avi)

Thanks for any help.

patfour
12-23-2007, 11:51 PM
The thing that stood out to me the most was that, during the ladder climb at the end, the character's hands and feet go through each rung of the ladder; I think they should arc over and onto the rungs instead. Other than that, there are a few things I would change stylistically; I might exaggerate the anticipations before jumps a little bit more, and I think the run cycle would look better with more vertical motion at the character's core and less flailing back of the arms. Overall, I'd suggest finding more reference for each of the movements (or filming your own) if you really want to nail down the motion.

I hope all that didn't sound too negative, because I think you've done a good job giving the animation a lot of dynamic energy.

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 01:13 AM
Hey man this is looking really good so far :thumbsup:

The only thing that is really bothering me is when he jumps. I think the initial anticipation for when he jumps each time is "ok" but the energy that is generated for the height of the jump isnt really beliveable.

FR 50 - This where all the power from the jump is actually beginning
FR 57 - Energy is has built up and the character is ready to leap
FR 60 - Character is coming off platform

Between FR 61 - 67 I would add some follow through and overlap with his arms. With the type of jump, build up of energy and the height of the jump. His arms would be coming in front of him. This doesnt happen until FR 80 when he is already on the ground.

FR 77 - The leg he is landing on should be broken :scream: Switch it the leading the leg...the one you leaped off with.

At this point you can reverse what you did with the arms and put some follow through and overlap on the arms as he begins his second jump.

Overall, I think it's pretty good. Concentrate on the weight for the lift offs and landings. And watch your Arcs :thumbsup:

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2007, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.