PDA

View Full Version : Pennies lining up (Particle FLow)

NateN
12-23-2007, 06:27 AM
I am trying to get a row of pennies to line up(one behind another). I can get PF to make all my Pennies follow a Path constraint but they all end up in the same position on the last keyframe. I would ultimately like them all to ease in behind one another as they get to the end.

Can anyone offer me any advice or lead me to a tutorial that I could use?

Thanks

PsychoSilence
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
the freebies contain an operator called "stop gradually"

http://orbaz.com/products/particleflow/freebies/

cheers,
anselm

supremepizza
01-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Might get a more random "natural" effect by using a speed by surface (Set Speed Once - Parallel To Surface) combined with a drag. Or use a script operator. Toolbox is great but it's sort of a canned crutch I try to avoid.

charleyc
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM
...Toolbox is great but it's sort of a canned crutch I try to avoid.

I don't know I would call them a crutch. There are many things the Toolbox's do that would be infeasible with scripting and even then would suffer unproductive speed hits. Also, speaking of speed, Box3 has many overall speed improvements to PFlow in general, even without using any of its specific features. They are not so much a necessity for learning PFlow, but Nealy any production use will very soon make them well worth their price.

Back to topic- I think the Stop Gradually freebie would be the best course in this as well.

JohnnyRandom
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
OT->

Seeing what some of these guys do with the pf boxes and mathmatics is freaking mind-bogelling. All respects...

<-OT

Three votes for "Stop Gradually" but as they say there are many ways to skin a... well you know how it goes:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.