PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Ball!!

rdsarna
12-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I know such basic stuff shouldn't be posted here....but I need critique n I got no one else so.....

There's some problem with it....plz tell me wht?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNLt8aXsKOU

KyleG
12-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Its looking really good, one thing that stood out is that the bouncing seems to stop abruptly, after the 3rd bounce the ball hits the ground and seems to stick, I'd expect it to continue to bounce a couple of more times

POISONBABEY
12-20-2007, 08:23 PM
hey i like de bal bounce bt the stretch and squash is very constant in both de bounce try to reduce in 2nd bounce as itz a small bounce..and it ll look more appealing if u do continous ball bounce..bt very good try..
keep it buddy..

POISONBABEY
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
hey the ball bounce is good but the stretch and squash is constant on both de bounce...gve some difference ...make de stretch and squash comparatively less den de 1st bounce ...and try 2 put continouse ball bounce..it ll look mre appealing...keep it up...overall is good..

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Heya rdsarna,

First of I'd just do away with squash and stretch for now. You can always add that later. Right now you seem to have two main issues. One being timing and the second being arcs.

Your ball is doing this "boing! boing! boing! boing!"

It should be..."boing!......boing!....boing!...boing!" (.....) <---- hang time.

Can you post a screen shot of your curves? that would help a lot :)

As far as the squash and stretch...just from the naked it it seems off. I wish this were a quicktime file as I could try and critique it better for you. But regardless it just doesnt feel right.

Dont get discouraged though, I like the fact that your actually trying to bounce a ball first before doing anything else. Eventually you will learn that the bouncing ball is the corner stone of it all :thumbsup:

rdsarna
12-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Hey Anthony!
I know there are a lot of mistakes here. Actually when I did this bouncing ball I had not seen any AM student Blog. But now I've gone through some of them and studied a lot from them. Since Am is out of my reach due to financial reasons, I'm gonna pursue the AM curriculum on my own and try to learn from its past students.
I'm going to restart from scratch. No squash and stretch this time for a normal bouncing ball :). So I'll update this with my new attempt.
Thanx for the great advice! I need people like you to critique my work along my way...

Hey PoisonBabey!
Thanx for the suggestion...I'll keep those things in mind!

Hey Kyle!
Thank you! I'm gonna start from scratch and will not stop the bouncing abruptly....

Kid-Mesh
12-27-2007, 06:13 AM
No problem...I love this stuff. I'm not a master by any means. Always learning myself but dont mind being helpful where I can.

Honestly man, if you truly study from the animators bible "The illusion of Life" and go through the "Animators Survival Kit" you will be on the right path. Just make sure you get people to c&c your work through out the process.

Good luck :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2007, 06:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.