PDA

View Full Version : Forest Environment

hkbasravi
04-22-2003, 01:16 AM
This is a concept sketch I did for a forest environment.

callon
04-23-2003, 07:20 AM
Hkbasravi:

Hmmm. . .I like the general aesthetic appeal of the image, but for a forest environment, it seems to be quite short on vegetation. Was this intentional on your part or will there be more in the actual scene?

Not being sarcastic here, just wondering about the the scarcity of plant life in the scene.

KEEP IT COMIN'!!!! :bounce:

Mike

hkbasravi
04-23-2003, 02:11 PM
You're right...

Actually this is not the entire concept drawing. The entire one is too large a file to attatch here.

http://members.rogers.com/msyed/redwood.jpg

SEPHROTH64
04-23-2003, 04:52 PM
reminds me of the tree level from the orriginal myst game

callon
04-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Ah! There we go!

Yes, I do like this scene. It makes me curious about what kinds of beings might live in such a place and what their lives would be like.

I think you make good use of perspective here to give the appearance of distance and depth. And you've also got a great sense of scale.

I also like the bareness of the trees in the foreground, for some reason. I think it helps to accentuate the architecture that's present in the scene.

One question: Why the extra tunnel canopy (?) in the center of the giant tree? If the walkway is traversing through the tree's trunk, why not just have the single canopy that we see originate in the foreground?

Good stuff here! KEEP IT COMIN'!!!! :applause:

Mike

WonderWolf Drew
04-24-2003, 12:32 AM
There's a little something that doesn't gel for me about this picture. It's really well drawn - well done for that. But the bridge, the parklike entry gate say to me English Victorian whilst the hut in the foreground says American trailer park. I don't quite get a feel of forest vegitation either. More coastline scrub.

Nice picture - could be a great scene soon! :) Keep it up!

WW

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.